cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Over-the-Counter Delivery note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to prevent over-the-counter sales from generating delivery notes when the Outbound delivery is confirmed. Because delivery notes are set to print automatically, this is causing problems with our normal shipping process. I DO need the delivery notes to print with our standard 2-step shipping procedure.

Generally, I know that Delivery note printing settings can be controlled via the Logistics Model. That, I know how to change, but I cannot determine which logistics model is being used by the Over-the-Counter outbound deliveries.

Any help with determining the logistics model for Over-the-Counter orders, or with the general problem of preventing OTC Outbound delivery from generating delivery notes would be much appreciated!

-Brandt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_dethg
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Brandt,

Logistics model does not control printing of over the counter sales delivery note. Unfortunately we do not have a direct option to disable the printing of delivery notes of OTC as well. However, if you are willing to make slight changes to your location design we can achieve this.

You will have to maintain a ship-from location exclusively for your OTC sales. Once you have maintained these you can modify output channel selection rules to avoid printing of your OTC delivery notes. You have to create a dummy print queue which is not assigned to any printer also. Please follow the below given steps to make the output channel selection rules .

1. Go to Application and User Management work center.
  2. Navigate to Output Channel Selection view.
  3. In the field 'Show Rules For' select the value 'Delivery Note' and choose the button Go.
  4. Select the existing default rule and choose the Edit button.
  5. In the 'Edit Output Channel Rule' screen you can assign a dummy print queue which does not have any printer assigned to it.
  6. You should also select 'Ship-from Location' as the exclusive ship-from location maintained only for OTC sales.
  7. Save and Close the screen.

I hope this helps you to avoid printing of your OTC sales delivery notes.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like a good fix, but unfortunately it would be very difficult at this point to change OTC sales to a different location.We would need to transfer all of our inventory and re-train our staff to use a different ship-from location.

I'm surprised that OTC sales don't touch logistics models though. Assuming it's hard-coded with OTC sales as a special process.

anand_dethg
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Brandt,

Unfortunately, this is the only available solution as of now. We are aware that this is not an ideal situation. Our product design team is aware of the issue and will be taking it up to identify a better solution for this in one of our future releases.

Regards

Anand