cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correct the issue in Macro when viewed in storage bucket profile, the data is not correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Good day.

When using standard setting, the data are correct.

Macro is Copy Stat to Base Forecast,

Standard - correct value

Use storage bucket profile - incorrect data

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also refer the time based disaggregation setting for your base forecast and stat forecast keyfigures. The disaggregation logic maintained there must do something here.

Trannsaction Code : /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Time Based aggregation of both is "P" (Proportional Allocation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagah,

Try resetting the Base Forecast and then start copying the stat forecast values in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riyazahmed,

What do you mean reset Base Forecast?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The setting of SBP is this.

What about Fiscal Variant? and Horizon? Will it affect?

Thanks.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jajah

Your time series is not even extended. Are you not using /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE to extend the same periodically?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

What is the ideal frequency of running /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE ?

The screen shot above which shows horizon is Storage Bucket Profile.

Until when should I extend the time series?

Thanks a lot.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jajah

The report is used to maintain rolling horizon. The frequency though depends upon your process, i.e. in which buckets you are forecasting etc. But you can schedule this on monthly basis.

Make sure you keep years/months in past and future which you think are relevant for planning. This means you need to decide how much data you want to have in PA. As of now its from 2007~2013. Decide with your business how much you need in past example 2011~2017.

While performing this make sure that no user is in PA as it will not set lock and job might terminate.

Please try in test environment to understand the results first.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Maybe this is the reason why the macro does not execute accordingly using storage bucket profile?

Thank you

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jajah,

Please follow if already answered.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The root of the dicussion is about Macro that does not execute accordingly as expected when using storage bucket profile.

Please consider.

Thanks a lot.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for input.

However, the issue is that, using standard setting, the value of stat forecast and base forecast are the same.

But in storage bucket profile, the data are different.

The issue occurs every first and last week of the month.

Upon checking the data which is in storage bucket profile, 07/01 covers 07/01 to 07/05. (5 days).

But the count restarts in start of the month.

the previous column is 06/29. 06/29 covers 06/29, 06/30. (2 days).

Unlike on standard setting, the bucket covers 7 days contimnuous.

I am suspecting that the issue might be because of that.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jajah,

Planning book is representation of data. Though the data is stored in live Cache on the basis of job which was carried out with specific planning book and stored the data. If you have a macro which copies data from one key figure to another on a monthly bucket then it would automatically split the same in weekly bucket while viewing in planning book but data at aggregate level would be same. Same way if you copied the data on weekly bucket the data is saved per week (in this case first screen shot) and dis-aggregated per day.

Then you select different bucket profile, it reads the data on daily basis and aggregate it back as per definition of that bucket profile (in this case second screen shot).

As mentioned data is stored accordingly but the way you see in planning book depends upon selection of time bucket profiles. Logically I don't see any issue apart from the way you see the data in planning book. Since you are copying the same with first view so don't think you face an issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul for explanation.

But I am still confused.

Why does the result of statistical forecast  is different from Baseline forecast in storage bucket profile if ideally, the baseline forecast copies the statistical. Can you please explain how this happen from weekly bukcet to storage bucket?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again..

How to check and change the setting of Time Bucket Profile?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jajah,

/SAPAPO/TR30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dogboy.

How can I know what Time Bucket profile ID was being used?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul for explanation.

But I am still confused.

Why does the result of statistical forecast  is different from Baseline forecast in storage bucket profile if ideally, the baseline forecast copies the statistical. Can you please explain how this happen from weekly bukcet to storage bucket?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jajah,

How can I know what Time Bucket profile ID was being used?

Each data view of a planning book typically has a Time Bucket profile assigned.  You can see these by reviewing the design of the data view.  /SAPAPO/SDP.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I have seen that the time bucket profile periodicity is "W" week.

Checking also the storage bucket profile, it's on Week and Month..

But why am i encountering discrepancy?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition, the horizon of the storage bucket profile is from 01.10.2007 to 31.12.2013.

Should we need to update it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jajah,

It is not clear to me that you actually have a discrepancy.

Data is stored in the Planning area.  The data is always stored according to the Storage bucket profile.

Data is displayed in the planning book.  Data is normally displayed using the Time bucket profile, but you can opt to display it in using the storage bucket profile if you want.  Regardless of which 'bucket' profile you use to display it, IT IS THE SAME DATA,   In the end, you are only displaying the data contained in the Planning area.  Data in the Planning area doesn't change unless you change it (e.g. by saving your planning book).

Each 'cell' you see when you display a Planning book is not really a single value; it is a collection of values contained in the planning area, aggregated according to your PA design.  Using your example, In the time axis, it is 'all the data contained in the planning area that falls within the boundaries of the Time bucket you are currently viewing in the planning book'.  Each bucket in the storage bucket profile (SBP) has a beginning date and an end date.  Each bucket in the time bucket profile (TBP) also has beginning and end dates.  The two buckets (from the SBP and TBP) do not have to have the same bucket boundaries.  In general, what you see when you display data by using the SBP is the most granular;  there is no greater level of detail.

So, in conclusion, your complaint about your original two screen shots is groundless, without more evidence.  You cannot expect to see consistency between data displayed using TBP and data displayed using SBP, unless the two profiles are effectively identical.  Which is generally uncommon.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eiffel,

Problem could be with your macro, could you please share the macro details.

Have you ever changed/updated your SBP, TBP in planning book or with respective to PA.

Try reactivating all the macros available with the above planning book and then verify the results.

And try running the PA consistency check reports.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Macro is Row (baseline) = Row (Stat forecast). The macro detail is only this.

It copies baseline to stat.

I never changed the SBP, TBP.

I reactivated, and do consistency check, but still, the same result.

The values of stat and base are not the same in first week and last week of the month when we are using SBP.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

sorry for making you confused.

But what I'm comparing is not the difference of values itself of the two Bucket profiles.

But the values of stat and base forecast. In TBP, their values are equal. In SBP, the first and last week of the month, the values of stat and base are not equal.

Macro used is Copy Stat to Base.

Thanks for patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. STAT forecast is the one with (EXT) and Baseline with the (APO). Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as additional details about Macro.

These are ticked.

- No direct execution.

- No Confirmation Prompt

- No execution during Plan.Buck.Prof.Change

Is this the cause?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eiffel,

Seems like there is no problem with the macro, Your SBP is using Periodic Factors for the definition of the buckets.

Standard settings.

Buckets are represented in weeks (5 working days), week 27 is June 29 to July 3rd. Forecast Qty 6016 - This setting is not considering non working days and each singe calendar days like 1st day of month or last day of the month etc

Using your Storage Bucket Profile

Your STB profile could be using Periodic Factor which considers week 27 - June 29th to June 30 (2 days) as a separate bucket and the next Bucket is July 1 to July 3 (thats why Qty 6016 is cascaded into 2 buckets hence the difference).

Check the Week 31 (Comparing your above 2 screens)

Standard setting -Week 31 last from July 27  to July 31 (5 working days) Qty 5952 and Week 32 starts only on Aug 3 (Aug 1 & 2 are non working days)

SBP settings Week 31 last from July 27  to July 31 (5 working days) But next Bucket starts on Aug 1 to Aug 2 (Saturday + Sunday) a separate bucket included , so your fcst qty of 5952 was distributed to 2 bucket (Jul 27 - Jul 31 + Aug 1 to Aug 2).

Believe the Periodic factor in SBP is considering the starting of the month as the separate no matter whether its a working or non working day.

Check the definition parameter of your SBP.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I notice too.Thanks. If that would be the behavior on one key figure. I believe that it must be the same with the other one. Since the macro copies one key figure to another.

But I don't know why the values of stat(EXT) and base(APO) forecast are different when viewed using SBP.

SBP details are below.

Week and Month are ticked.

Horizon start date - 01.10.2007. End date - 31.12.2013

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eiffel,

Check if the KF is being influenced by anyother macros.

Can you manually execute the macro and check the results.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth.

There are other macros which use Base Forecast key figure.

About the manual execution, I would have to look for materials that I will use.

Because, originally, we have this job that runs the macro. And I get the material from the spool of that job to check in /sapapo/sdp94.  So I assume I shall not use the same material when I want to try the macro manually. Am I right??

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not an issue in manually executing the Copy macro for a single material for which the macro execution has been done already. You can try with 2 cases, 1 for already executed material and 1 for material which has been never executed... as you wish.

I guess the difference could be due to the timing issue.

How often you run the Statistical Forecasting job and Macro execution job ?

I Presume this

1. Job executed to update the Stat Forecast

2. Macro executed to Copy the forecast Stat-->Base

3. Job executed again to update the Stat Forecast.

4. You're looking at the UI, now.

Just my thoughts, though am not sure.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I do the manual execution of the macro.

1. Original - first view when viewed in /sapapo/sdp94

2. Execute the macro.

3. Then I choose Storage bucket profile.

This is the setup of the macro.

With your question regarding how often the jobs are executed, I will get back to you.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eiffel,

You are not executing the Macro again after changing the SBP, aren't you ?

Try executing the macro manually again after selecting the SBP.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I also did executing macro after using storage bucket profile.

The data are the same.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But its now weird, macro haven't copied the values.

Try this

Select SBP

Run Forecasting interactively on UI

Execute Macro manually.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Could you please guide me with Run Forecasting interactively on UI?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Load the data into PB using your selections (History and other relevant KFs) -> Click on Load Button.

Then Execute Univariate Forecast by clicking on the icon button from Tool Bar.

System will pop up and ask for the forecasting profile, fill your Fcst profile and execute.

Save the forecast.

you can use the same fcst profile which you had used in your BG job.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinoth.

I have to confirm wiht the user regarding the forecast. I will get back to you with this.

Meanwhile, is the horizon of SBP will affect this?

Thanks.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jajah,

Check the definition of storage bucket profile in /SAPAPO/TR32. Your storage bucket profile is working on the basis of posting period i.e. calendar assigned in the same. Try to understand the same and you will get to know why it is behaving this way.

Check period 7/27/2015 & 08/01/2015 for example, the total of the same is 5952 (4816+1136) which is equal to above bucket but dis-aggregated per your posting period.

Cross check your posting period assigned to storage bucket profile.

Regards

Rahul