cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination Action Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the best method to do termination action If we want to give full and final settlement at any date. For some employee The full and final settlement can be any date It can be after 1 month or 2 months or 6 months and for some employees Full and final settlement is done on the same date that is last date of leaving from the company?

The data should read from Infotype 8

If termination is in withdrawn status It wont read Infotype 0008

How would i go ahead for above process Apart from info type 8  If i want to do it from additional payments 15 How the system would able to know components those are taxable in earning if it is from earning component Infotype 8

please suggest me experts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suggested procedure:

1. In termination workbench,

1.1 You can enter details of reason, term'n date, notice date, etc,

1.2 Simulate payroll to find the different payments / deductions incl. tax.  This connects to normal payroll simulation. Further, payments/deductions here should not be taken as absolutely the correct set of payments/deductions.

1.3 In some country WB"s it is possible to enter/save new/changed/adjusted payments/deductions.  This should result in creating IT 15.  You can simulate payroll again.

1.4 You can do the termination action here (which should take you to PA40) - this is for updating status, delimiting any infotype, etc.

2. Termination action PA40:

2.1 Instead of step 1.4, you can do the termination here.

2.2 This should allow to change term'n date/reason here.

2.3  It should display infotype records for delimiting on the term'n date.  It is not necessary to delimit all of these. 

2.3.1  IT 0, 1, 7, 8 must exist always.  The term'n date/status will ensure paying the basic pay correctly.

2.3.2 You may delimit IT 14 but it it is not required, as the PA0014 processing should take care of paying till the last day of service.

2.3.3  IT 2001, 2002, 2003 if existing after termination date - may be deleted/delimited as required

3. Termination Settlement

3.1 After the above, if the settlement is not immediate nor in the same pay period as the term'n date, lock the employee record.

4. Actual Settlement

4.1  Ensure the employee has not been locked or unlock.

4.2  Enter any adjustments in IT 15. 

4.3  In countries like Australia, there are wage types to alter the no.of days in service - to be entered in IT 15.  This may/may not apply to your country.  Check this out in your user guide, SAP Support or Help Portal.

4.4  Run time eval - this runs till the term'n date.

4.5  Run payroll, payslips, any reports as required including any statutory ones, like Group Certificate, etc.

Pl.note all these steps are based on standard procedure followed in many organizations.  You may need to tailor for your business/legal needs.

Importantly, user guide should include the steps and be followed; and be regularly reviewed/amended as required;  it is not just for archive but be a living and used document.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thisis for international payroll could you please let me know Tcode for termination workbench for international payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Treminate through PA40. You should first check which termination action and reason is applicable for your case in your project.

Regards

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i can do that I would like to know Tcode for termination workbench for international payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Termination workbench is given for India and China. Termination transaction (PC00_M40_TERM) and use 28 for china.

But check if you can customise for international. It depends on what is requirement. If the requirement is simple, like no need to calculate super annuation, gratuty etc then why will you go termination workbench.

Termination Workbench Computations - Reporting - SAP Library

Mostly in international payroll, it is handle by PA40.

Regards

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need for international payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can we use termination workbench 40 for international payroll

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To find a transaction code, you can search in txn SE16 - table TSTC and then check which is suitable.

In IMG ->Payroll for your country code, see the config steps for termination.  You can also see the hypertext for each step to get further info. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

DO not go by work temination workbench, tell us what is the business requirement while termination.

Regards

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Termination work bench doesnt exits for International payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

above is business requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Lock the employee in IT0008, if you do not want to process full and final settlement. When you want unlock and run payroll.

IT 0015 - If you update payment wagetype it will consider as earning.

Regards

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can lock personnel number if I execute live run after two months for that particular period for example if employee terminated on 1st period and The control  record status period is 3rd period how the system will execute payslip Its already been future date

Do we need to create dummy payroll area for that execute what is the best way to execute payslip for back dated date if i want to do live run

help me out please

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no concept of termination  workbench for international payroll as they dont have concept of Gratuity and and Superannuation Trust details for the employee from the info type like we have termination workbench for Indian Payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You do not need to run for old payroll period. run for current payroll period it will give you required output. I will not pay for the period after the employee terminated.

Regards

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam running for current period the system is not taking old results to current month for the status with drawn I can only able to execute for that particular period

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example we didnt paid an amount for the month of march and employee terminated with drawn status for that month after 3 months iam processing the system will not execute for the month of march but it will not execute for the month of current month since the status is withdrawn

please try and get back to me

In case of inactive status there will be retro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If your employee is terminated in march and you have locked in IT 0003. Now if you have reached July and payroll status is set as current period is July.

When you allow employee to run after changing IT0003, you will be able to run its July payroll.

What system will do it will executes its march payroll in July run. This you can see in PC_payresult. INFER wil be July and FPER will be march.

I think this is what needed to pay him. It will not pay him for the period after termination action.

Regards

Aj

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Play around with Employment, Special Payment status from 0000IT, IT0008 Validity periods and one payroll area, accordingly we can handle the payments.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we lock and If we dont run payroll for that month and when we execute after 2 months Will there be any retro

If i lock Can i able to execute with drawn action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If you run after 2 months, it will retroed and would pay the balance in current.

Regards

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont want those 2 month gap amount

I want only 1 month to be paid to make F and F

can i do with drawn action after i lock personnel number for 1 month if i do it will calculate only 1 month right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if you run after one month. It will process after month. You are safe.

Regards

Aj