cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-F Profit Centre assignment to single Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've been trying to figure out whether MDG-F 7.02 (Co-deployed for info) has a similar functionality to standard ECC whereby you can deselect Company Codes not required through transaction KE56 before activation of the profit centre.

Our client, makes use of one profit centre to one company code relationship (which I see many clients do across the SAP market).  So when creating or changing a profit centre, all CoCd's (179) are selected which is NOT easy to deselect each time - especially during mass changes for example.

Is there a standard MDG function that can be used or other method (preferably not the Z-route) to unassign the uneccessary CoCd's automatically before activation - or rather not assign at all in the first place?  I'm thinking to create some type of derivation on the change request - but have a feeling the standard system will not like this and over-write it anyway?

Is there MDG functionality to support this ECC function?  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, or feedback on how this has been handled before.

Best Regards,

Tarynn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi Tarynn Sampson,

One of my clients had the same requirement in MDG-F.

We had to go via the enhancement route whereby the postable in all company codes field was unchecked and hidden by default.

Also all the postable flags for every company code was unchecked via the enhancement.

Best regards

Uday

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your response , this code is working fine for new profit Center Creation. Can you tell how to handle this for Profit Center Updates CR.

Thanks

0 Kudos

ABAP Solution.

Badi : USMD_RULE_SERVICE_CROSS_ET

Enhance USMD_RULE_SERVICE_CROSS_ET badi use CL_USMDZ7_RS_PCTR as super class redefine ( IF_EX_USMD_RULE_SERVICE2~DERIVE ) method

clear : ls_pcccass-pctrccass value to uncheck all company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to all for the input.  I think a copy of the UIBB and adjusting the postable tick may be the answer - or then the cross entity derivation between PCTR and PCCCASS.

Kiran - I'm not sure how the template will help us in the mass maintanance scenario - when profit centres across various CoCd's are being adjusted.  We do use the "copy from" option when doing single CR's for create which helps, however when changing an existing Profit centre, the template option won't be possible as currently the system defaults all CoCd's on change again.  Or am I understanding your suggestion incorrectly?

Regards,

Tarynn

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For mass change, I used the file upload option as its easy and you can change multiple fields with different data.

If you don't want any enhancement then as I said, create a Change request and add all the default data with all the company code deselected. Every time when you create a change request, use option create with template. Give the CR number and then you can add any data.

This option is very easy without any enhancement. I am sure SAP will come up with the solution in next release. Till that time better to use this functionality.

Kiran

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With enhancement its possible but then its always better to use standard as much as possible and let SAP come up with the enhancement in the new release. This will surely come as its one of the pain point for every client.

Instead of enhancement, you can easily use the template option and continue business as usual..

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taynn

If profit center accounting is active in taget ECC then we need to assign all company codes to newly created profit center and as MDG uses backend ECC customization by default in ZMDG all company codes are selected. It is same in ECC also

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tarynn

In MDG 7 its the same...But there is a way out. Create a CR - as a Template and keep it in process always. Don't approve the CR. Kind of the dummy CR. Select only one company code and deselect rest.

While creating new CR, use this CR as template. Just change the data and it works perfect.

Kiran

bavinash1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tarynn,

I don't think there's any standard MDG functionality that could influence this.

Are you trying to influence the data??

If, yes, as suggested by you, this could be very achieved using derivations.

BAdI USMD_RULE_SERVICE_CROSS_ET

In the implementing class provide, the implementation for derive method.

Data updated here in will definitely be reflected in the CR data. You can add some data/delete some data on load itself.

If no, ie., if you are trying to manipulate only the selection and de-selection of rows on the UI, then that could be done by manipulating methods of the underlying feeder class. But yes, this has to be done via an enhancement.

Please let me know in case you need more information here.

Best Regards,

Avinash Bolisetty