cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal refuses to accept credentials

vernonrobinson
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a series of reports that are running fine in VB.Net.  They access Sql Server without issue.  However, I made a small change to a report on my development machine and put the RPT file on the server for use.  The EndUsers are reporting that they are receiving a prompt for logon information.

The code passes in the logon information and the executable was not changed.  The only change was to drop 2 more fields from the Sql Server database on the report. Test it on the development machine.  Copy the report to the Server.

The code loops through the report and changes the logon info for each table.  The database name and schema are the same in the test environment and production environment.  What is really kind of strange is that even if I put in the correct credentials, it still will not run the report.  But if I go to the client, open the Report and save it, then it works just fine.  Once again, no Program code change, but an open and close of the Crystal report seems to make the world alright again.

I am trying to prevent having to make a trip to the Client for such a minor change.  Any idea what I might want to check?  Code is attached.

Thanks,

-Vernon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vernon

Strange but a few things to do / check

1) Assuming you are using VS 2010 or later, make sure you are using "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET", Service Pack 14.

2) For MS SQL make sure the following is true:

For OLE DB use:

MS SQL 2005 - OLE DB Provider

MS SQL 2008 - SQL Native 10

MS SQL 2012 - SQL Native 11

MS SQL 2013 - SQL Native 11

For ODBC use:

MS SQL 2005 - SQL Native

MS SQL 2008 - SQL Native 10

MS SQL 2012 - SQL Native 11

MS SQL 2013 - SQL Native 11

3) Enable "Verify on 1st refresh" option on the report.

4) See if the customer is willing to download CR 2013 designer and run the report there - before you do the updates in their environment. How does the report run in the designer on their site? CR 2013 eval can be downloaded from here:

SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

When you updated the report did you also click on Database, Verify Database and then save it?

Could also be some reference formula or other object in the report or subreport may have triggered the Mapping UI to run causing the report to auto delete fields...

Could also be the user running the report does not have access to database.

Try running your app by right clicking and selecting Run As Administrator.

You can also enable Crlogger ( search and you'll find how to enable it ). It's our database logging component.

Don