cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element Linking not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a authority problem in Business Objects concerning the possibility to do element linking in the reports based on how the properties are defended for the different groups in CMC.

Report 'A' is present at folder :/System/USA/Sales

The column Terminal in the first table have a WEBI linking element so you should be able to click on the terminal in order to filter the information in the table below

This works perfectly during development from test user (ABCD111) but when we test it just using users that only have view rights the linking doesn't work, you don't get any possibility to click.

If we change the authority in the CMC so that the users become a super user it works but we don’t want this users to be super users. This is not working for normal user group and working perfect only for Super user groups.

We would like to get an answer to what rights must a user have to be able to perform element linking in a report

How do we implement this in our authority model ?

Appreciate your help on this.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Grant the access on "Reporting - enable formatting" under the  Applications->

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply !

I couldn't find the required group to Grant the access on "Reporting - enable formatting"  as you requested. PFA screen shots for your reference.

Thanks.. Sai

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the CMC->Applications->Web Intelliegence->->User security->Select User group->Assign Security->Advance->Add/Remove Rights->Application->Web Intelliegence->Under the Specfic rights for web intelliegence Grant the access "Reporting - enable formatting".

Test the functionaility.If this will fine for your requirment then  instead of adding this right for individual user you can  select this in the access level only.

For that path is:

Access level->Right click on access level & click on Included rights->Add remove rights->Application->Web Intelliegence->Under the Specfic rights for web intelliegence Grant the access "Reporting - enable formatting".

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Amith,

I tried all the way as you instructed, however nothing is working....

One more thing i do see as Implicit Value is "Not Specified" . please see attached.

I gess, im not

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Not Specified" is fine but have you tried after click OK.You will see the change in the webi report,desgin mode will enable after this.

Are you getting error message while clicking on the  linked object?

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I clicked OK after all this and also I logged out CMC and log in CMC tested with Test user in webi report  at design mode also.

to be honest, I don't see any error ....  my intension is to able to click the cell pls.

Thanks... Sai

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should work.I have tested with sample report it is working.Linking is on year object.

Share your report scrrenshot and make sure your linking is working in the  report.

see:

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Please see my report screen shot. to recap.. this is working for Superusergroup but NOT Normalusergroup. More over Superusergroup doesn't even "Reporting - enable formatting" option.

We are using BO 4.0 SP7

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check after assigning these rights on webi intilligence application..

Reporting - create and edit report filters and consume input controls

Reporting - create and edit input controls

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Thanks for your reply... seems this is working.... bythe way how could we promote these changes to Production. Meaning.. do i need to just create a Promote Job for Webi Application of selected Usergroup or can i just promote the particular user group to Prod ?

BR .. Sai

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a job in the promotion management and select the object “Web Intelligence” application.

Click on the “Promote” and select the option “Promote security” in the security setting.With this all users groups and security applied on the web intelligence application will moved to the next environment.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Amit !!!