cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to Vendor : Unknown error has occurred in target system (XXXXX)

parsa_trivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

In /SCWM/PRDI, we are trying to do Return to Vendor. System gives the error "Return to Vendor : Unknown error has occurred in target system (XXXXX)"

Upon investigation, I found that XXXXX is the name of Target system in EWM RFC connections.

Please help me find the root cause for this error and fix it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please share some more information e.g at what step you are getting this error message. Also did you check your RFC connection is it working fine ?

parsa_trivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have completed the inbound delivery Goods receipt. Now I want to return some quantity to vendor with reference to the PO/Inbound delivery. I am trying to use the (Follow on functions -> Return to vendor) function. I remember that by click this option, we will see a new session with Delivery items and check boxxes where we can select which item to return to vendor and save. But in my case, I am not taken to that screen and instead facing this error.

-> I check Document type mapping for Return to vendor

-> Checked the RFC user properties. It is mentioned as Communication data type user

-> Checked if RFC user has proper authorization to VL60 in ECC. It has SAP ALL access.

-> Also enabled Activex functionality in user parameters.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you checked user id used in RFC is not locked ?. Check remote login and perform check authorization in SM59.

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your inbound delivery in ERP must be posted for goods receipt. Is it so?

Also, SAP Note No. 2118669 may be relevant for your case.

Best regards

Serhan

parsa_trivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

User in ECC for RFC connection is not locked. remote login is working fine as I am able to do other activities without any issues.

parsa_trivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Serhan,

Goods receipt is posted. I found that this error is because system is not able to execute VL60 transaction in ECC. But I am still anlaysing what problem it is facing in VL60.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does RFC id have authorization for VL60 ?

parsa_trivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes. RFC user has authorization to VL60. I checked it.