cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Error:" Could not generate the flash file(swf); the cause is not known, Try again. If the problem persists, contact your customer support representative."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dashboard was build and is running fine on the production environment but due to some requirements we have to alter it.

When we retrieve that dashboard and even after putting a single dot and saving it back, it throws an error, "Could not generate the flash file(swf); the cause is not known, Try again. If the problem persists, contact your customer support representative.".

System Environment:

BO Server: 4.1 SP4

Dashboard Design: 4.1 SP4

Build on 10-12 BEx query and 1 Qaaws.

Number of rows: more than 3000

Few basic testing I did just to ensure whether the .xlf file we retrieved is fine or not:

When components were tried to cut and paste it, I was unable to do that.​

When I deleted few BEx queries and previewed, then also we got same error.

Please let me know th ework arround.

Thanks & Reagrds

Preetesh Dewangan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Preetesh,

The main or common reason of this error message is heavy usage of excel formulas in the Xcelsius dashboard.

So redesign your dashboard and try to do most of the aggregation and calculation at query level.

Such as for BEX, modify it to bring aggregated & filtered data, you may break one bex to multiple which will also help. For Qaaws, you can create a webi report and do the calculation & aggregation and prepare BI webservice which you may use a query as webservice in Xcelsius.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Avijit

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3000 rows is too much for the Dashboards as the recommended rows in 512.

This issue is mostly beacuse of the complexity of the dashboard.Do not overload the dashboard as it is due to the limitation of the flash that it cannot withstand such huge amount of data as flash generation eventually fails.This can be easily proved by either deleting all the excel content and we are able to save the dashboard.

The only resolution is to break the dashboard into multiple dashboards.

michael_jennings
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear