cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN long text in defect tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community members,

Long texts for a defect line item in defect tabs in Quality Notification (QN).

The sceanrio has been described as below in a step process.

Step 1 - Select the required inspection lot in QA32

Step 2 - Do results recordings through QA32 itself

Step 3 - Enter non-confirmity units for any of the characterisitics (could either from task list or from MIC)

Step 4 - Step 3 navigates to defect recordings screen to enter the defect code group and codes...

Step 5 - After entering the group/codes, **the line is selected and activate the QN**

Step 6 - Open the long text for entering the error description.

In Step 6, already an uneditable text is available with some old time stamp. Here need the memebers suggestion and advise from where the text is coming from?

PS: There is no text maintain either for catalog header or code group or codes.

Even a small clue in this would be of great help. Thanks.

Regards,

Chinna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Activate the notification in defect screen & save then goto QM02 tcode try long text

thanks & Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think when you open window for long text the time stamp that reflects there is system time and I believe this is standard SAP feature. Are you seeing any additional text there?

Anand

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Anand as this is probably the system time stamp.

The reason why you are having an old time stamp could be due to timezone difference between your local time and server time.

To be able to see what is the server time, go to the menu System --> Status

Let me know if you still have some doubts.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub and Anand,

The non-editable text which was referred in the original post is not the time stamp, there are some text from previous/old  notification and its source is inconsistent, some times it is from previous QN-Task and some time it is from defect-tasks.

Regards,

Chinna

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of text it is? Description of something? How you are creating notification? It is not the standard behaviour and some custom development must be in place, I suppose! Any exit in place?

Try to figure out the instances when this happens and try to locate the same text whether it is a part of earlier notification content. May be a description of code or something I can't predict unless the exact text is known! That can give us some hint that this is getting copied from some part of your reference notification.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

While recording the defects through RR(QE01/02/51N), if user clicks the long text button from defects tab (after keying in the defect code) to enter the long text for the defect, we could see some other texts is also appearing along with log line/time stamps. We could not understand the source of this text from where it is coming, also this is happening for very fewer times and not every instance.

Regards,

Chinna.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the user is using different report types when creating Defects. If so, this can be caused by different catalog profiles assigned to both notification type and material number.

Check also the customizing here :  SPRO->Quality Management->Quality Notifications->Defects Recording->Define Report Type->Define Defect Report Type

Regards,

Ayoub.