Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation MaxDB 7.9 on AIX 7.1.0.0 by SDBINST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed installation manual, but I have got this message:

INFO:      Starting external program /opt/sdb/globalprograms/bin/sdbconfig

INFO:        Command line is: /opt/sdb/globalprograms/bin/sdbconfig IndepPrograms=/opt/sdb/globalprograms

INFO:        Output line 1: Error!

INFO:        Output line 2:  RTE code: 1

INFO:        Output line 3:  RTE text: Registry write errorIndepPrograms

INFO:        Output line 4:  OS  code: 0

INFO:        Output line 5:  OS  text:

INFO:        Program terminated with exit code 3

ERR:    sdbconfig returned 3: Error!

RTE code: 1

RTE text: Registry write errorIndepPrograms

OS  code: 0

OS  text:

ERR:    Registration of package "Installer" failed

I am installing it under root account. What shell I do for finishing the installation successfully?

Kind regards,

Ladislav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using the MaxDB Community Edition and I did not find any option, how to report an incident as SAP customer for MaxDB.

So is there anyone, how can help me with my installation problem?

Thanks in advance,

Ladislav

0 Kudos

Hello Ladislav,

please have a look at SAP Note 1834442 - SAP MaxDB 7.8/7.9 SDBUPD fails
The scenario is different from yours, but the cause of the problem could be the same, so probably the solution provided is useful for MaxDB installation too

Regards,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have took a look on it before and have tried put all paths to home directory. With the same error. So this did not help me.

0 Kudos

Hello Ladislav,

the SAP note asks to check if the installer user can write in directory /etc/opt/sdb, are you able to do that? Are there other log files in the installation directory with more informations about the errors? As last step,could you manually execute the command line and see the results?

Regards,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valerio,

after your first answer I have changed all paths to the home directory of the executing user. The installation is executed by the user root. It is a new installation, so the process created the directories and they are writable by the executing user.

I have went throught the most of directories and I did not found any other information. Allways the same - registration failed to the file Registry.pm, which I did not found. Do you known, if there is somewhere usable information or where Registry.pm shall be? Or is there any description of the return codes for sdbconfig?

The installation command is executed by CMD line, because the server does not have UI and the log is in the first answer. I have tried to execute /opt/sdb/globalprograms/bin/sdbconfig manually with the same result.

Kind regards,

Ladislav

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are an SAP customer, it might be easier to create a ticket for this case so that we can log on directly to that server.

This said, it seems that the installation cannot create the install registry in <GlobalDataPath>/config/install which in your case seems to be /opt/sdb/globalprograms/...
Can you try installing to a different directory? Maybe just a simple dir name like /sapdb/programs?

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to install MaxDB to home directory of my user to path ${HOME}/maxdb/globalprograms/ But with the same result. Where can I create a ticket with my SAP account?

Ladislav