cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data with leading zeros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are loading master data for infoobject 0IND_CODE. My issue is in master data I can see some values for industry code with leading zero and in that way it is creating two values for same industry code.

i.e there is industry code 11101 in ECC and loaded into BW system as 11101 and 0000011101. Data for other attributes are available for 11101 but its blank for 0000011101.

In reprot level user can see two records : one with data and other with # value. I dont understad why this leading zero value is appearing in BW. That leading zero value is not for all records but only for few records. I checked in ECC table and there is no leading zero value.

Please help me how to remove leading zero and cause of data getting created with leading zeros if some one has faced same set of issue.

thanks,

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if possible, delete master data and reload. Every thing will be right .

As my guess .during project starting time, your team may not be used ALPHA conversion for info object 0IND_CODE.

Later, due to requirement, your team may enabled ALPHA conversion(indo object maintenance screen, General tab).Old data without deletion, team may loaded full data. in such case old data will be exist without leading 0 and new data data will be loaded with leading 0.

Due to that your master data holds two records for one industry code.

Thanks

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Raman is right..The leading zeroes was caused by the ALPHA conversion of your object 0IND_CODE..ALPHA automatically gives your data with leading zeroes depending on the length of your data..

Regards,

Loed