cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to copy variables on the nav Attribute to its own info-object?

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to copy variables on the nav Attribute to its own info-object?

What I mean is SAP Standard Info-object 0ASSET has a Navigation attribute 0ASSET_DEACT.

In a Standard query I have 0FIAA_M20_Q003 (Asset Transactions) there is a variable 0S_AA_DEACT (First Day in Year (SAP Exit))

I want to make this query Tableau compatible so I need to make a copy of this query and move this selection to the direct object 0ASSET_DEACT which I have now made available in my multiprovider as a field in a dimension.

Now My question is that I can see 0S_AA_DEACT variable on 0ASSET__0ASSET_DEACT but not on 0ASSET_DEACT directly. So is there any way I can make 0S_AA_DEACT available on 0ASSET_DEACT as well? Or do I have to go for a new variable and a new customer exit.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Swati.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

How about doing a copy of the variable directly in rszglobv table?

Regards,

Loed

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

As a theory, the SAP Exit should be working on the InfoObject/Attribute DEACT.

The variable should work for both scenarios of Nav Attribute and even if you change it as attribute. Have you tried 0S_AA_DEACT  including it in your query for DEACT?

Have you got any error?

Thanks,

Umashankar

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

This will need modification in the Stadard table. Is there any other way available? I dont have access to modify the standard tble entry and I am unsure if this is correct practice.

Hi Umashankar,

The thing is the Variable is not displyed in the list of variables on the info-object but only on its navigational attribute.

I have issues only because of the SAP Exit as there could be other settings that may have been made for the BI content variable that I may miss out while making a customized copy. My issue is not only restricted to 0S_AA_DEACT variable. I have similar variable on 0N_ACCTP on Cost center hierarchy node restcited with 0H_ACCTP Hierarchy variable both having SAP Exit which seems very complex to understand and then to replicate.

Thanks,

Swati.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry can't think of other solution..

I think you can edit the RSZGLOBV table by debugging it..

We sometimes do edit the values in a standard table such as RSICCONT by debugging it to delete a request which cannot be marked as ERROR in RSBKREQUEST table or FM RSBM_GUI_CHANGE_USTATE..So I think it is ok but with extra CAUTION..

Anyway, better do it first in DEV for testing..

Regards,

Loed

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

anyone? any solution?