cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA migration from 3.5 to 7.X BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, gurus.

We decided to move our workbooks from 3,5 version to 7.x version. At last. And we have faced with whole bunch of problems.

So, we have to change a lot of VBA programs. In these programs there are many calls of functions from SapBEX.xla like this:

Run "SAPBEX.XLA!SAPBEXcopyFILTERVALUE", filter_val_year, filter_tgt_year

So, as I know, I can't use such constructions in 7.0 version. Is there is any information about relations between old functions and new ones? Is it possible to understand how to translate it to new version? Even if it is possible at all. I'm speaking not only about SAPBEXcopyFILTERVALUE but many other functions.

The next issue in following constructions:

Set filter_val_year = Range("SAPBEXqueries!" & "SAPBEXq0025" & "f0FISCYEAR")

I cant find any names collection in application in 7.x version, I mean application.names is null. So I can't use this construction any more. Is it possible to calculate ranges of filters and variables in new workbooks?

Another issue is quantity of queries in our workbook. So is it possible to find somewhere table/worksheet/something else with information about properties of data providers and other elements (and their location in WB too) of workbook?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Yes, we have this information on our Wikipage:

Kind Regards,
Edward John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

What about location of properies of WB objects? Is it possible to find it?

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

The properties of the workbook is not possible. The properties are saved internally on XLS* file format on BW Repository.

But, some few information can be get it from tables * like workbook names, IDs, last change, Queries assigned and so on...

I use this space to refer the BW tables (generally I use for queries):

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Important+Tables+in+SAP+BW+7.x

* for wbs, are just these 5 tables:

RSRWBINDEX      List of binary large objects (Excel workbooks)

RSRWBINDEXT     Titles of binary objects (Excel workbooks)

RSRWBSTORE      Storage for binary large objects (Excel workbooks)

RSRWBTEMPLATE   Assignment of Excel workbooks as personal templates

RSRWORKBOOK     Where-used list for reports in workbooks

Best Regards,
Edward John

Answers (0)