Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2015 RC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have installed VS 2015 RC.

When I tried to install CR package for VS from http://www.sap.com/solution/sme/software/analytics/crystal-visual-studio/index.html

I get prompted. "You must already have Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2012, or Visual Studio 2013 installed to proceed with the installation."

It's as if the CR software cannot find VS 2015.

Any ideas, workarounds ??

Thanks,

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

'SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET" has only been released for VS 2010, 2012, 2013 so far. SP 15, due in 2 or 3 months may be tested for VS 2015.

So, understanding that VS 2015 is not supported, only idea I'd have is to not run the install exe, just use the MSI (which BTW is exactly what we tell everyone to not do with VS 2010, 2012, 2013). Now, since VS 2015 is not supported this is - as far as I am concerned - for fun only(?).  Without the install exe you will not have the designer IDE or the viewer setup in the IDE, so everything will have to be manual. With fingers crossed.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I've Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise (RTM) installed on my PC, but still not able to install "CRforVS_13_0_15.exe" because of the same error:

"You must already have Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2012, Visual Studio 2013 or Visual Studio 2015 installed to proceed with the installation."

Please advise us how to handle it.

Thanks,

Gevorg

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh - what OS? We just came across an issue installing on WIN 10 x86 - does not work..., but there is a way to get it working. See:

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OS is Windows 10 x86 and the issue was solved, thanks Ludek for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my OS is windows 8.1 32Bit with VS2015 on a VM

I have the same "You must already have ............ Visual Studio 2015 installed to proceed with the installation." and i tried to install the CRforVS_13_0_15.exe 296971 Kb.

Please help !!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please copy the text in quotes below to the install.reg (create blank file) and run it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DevDiv\vs\Servicing\14.0\professional]
"Install"="2"

UNQUOTE

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has support for VS 2015 been released yet?  Our developer is experiencing difficulty getting the controls to appear.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - quite a while back. See:

- Ludek