cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM-WM movement type determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a question on standard SAP movement type determination. I have a scenario with stock transfer order (IM mvmt 641) where I would like to drive WM 641 as I want it to drive a specific storage type search sequence. I did the configuration in node

LE-WM-Interface-IM-define movement type-LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management, and add an entry for

WHS no- Ref Movement type - Movement indicator - WM movement type

***               641                              L                                   641

But when I create TO it is looking for WM movement type with "Special stock indicator" as below

WHS no- Ref Movement type - SPL stock indicator- Movement indicator - WM movement type

***               641                                   1                              L                                  601

As I have maintained 601 there system is defaulting 601 as my WM movement type. Question is why SAP is driving movement type 601 instead 641 why it is considering the SPL stock indicator. Is STO has to do something with special stock?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP explained the logic of movement type determination in OSS note 388909 - From the movement type in IM to the movement type in WM

There is also a KBA which explains how to debug the determination: 1486422 - How to determine why a WM movement type is being selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information, but there is very little given on actual movement type determination. Looks like in the case of picking system by default selects 1 as special stock indicator. I checked it with a regular 601 movement type and found the same behavior. Which was a learning to me!

During debug we found that system is getting value of 1 as special stock for the fact that IM and WM are integrated and not on different systems. We ruled out that STO has anything to do with determination of this indicator.

CON_DNWMS_INT flag determines storage type indicator as 1. Still trying to wrap my head around what does integration of IM and WM in one system has to do with special stock indicator but I guess that's the way it works.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In IMG -> LE -> WM -> Interfaces -> Shipping ->Define Shipping Control; step shippng control per warehouse

you can find those 1,2,3 picking types

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could yor please share the screenshot of the customization done by you