Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import warning: Missing dimension in data file

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We use BPC 10 MS. When we use Import package to load a text file it works fine when we don't execute the Default logic.

When we activate the execution of the Default Logic after the data loading we have the below error:

[Execute base logic] Logic Error of Load and Processs

Error

Missing dimension in data file

Any idea about the reasons of this error ?

thanks for your help,

Romuald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have further information about the error message. It appears as soon as we had a user defined dimension in the work status. We tried to add any user defined dimension and we reproduce the problem in all cases. As soon as we remove user defined dimensions from Work status it works fine.

We currently use ENTITY, CATEGORY, TIME, DATA SOURCE dimensions in Work status and we need to add a User defined one.

regards,

Romuald

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

finally I copy the model to A, delete existing one, copy model A to original name, reset security and work status and it works fine now.

Romuald

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romuald,

thanks that you close the threads, in this case it should be better to close assigning your answer, yes it's possible, as "correct answer" so users with same issue can find quickly the solution, "assumed answered" means you close the thread but you didn't found a solution (correct answer).

Normally when users search for a solution they skip the "assumed answered".

Regards

Roberto

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

the question was not answered so I close it as "assumed answered". The content of thus message is not helpful. Moreover the workaround I applied didn't work (it worked just after the copy but I still have the problem).

regards,

Romuald

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Romuald,

Can you try to send data from Excel? Thus default.lgf will be triggered.  This can narrow down if the error is causing from logic file.

By the way, what's your bpc version, e.g. BPC 10.0 SP16, etc.

Best regards,

Charlie

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

it works fine when I save data from input schedules. I also tried to remove the content of Default Logic script but the error remains the same. We are in BPC 10 MS SP10.

It worked fine since on year, and it worked fine a couple of weeks ago. We probably modifed something but we didon't find what...

regards,

Romuald

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romuald,

you have a lot of "not answered" questions, remember that is your duty to close the threads when solved assingning a "correct answer", in this manner users can find quickly a solution, read please How to close a discussion and why and Are you a responsible person in SCN?

In an old version of bpc there was a similar bug related with audit tables, verify if you have audit enabled and eventually disable it and see if after it works.

Have you checked the tbllogs for a more detailed error?

Regards

Roberto

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

thanks for your advice, I will review my questions.

I disabled Audit data but it doesn't solve the problem.

I don't have more information in tblDTSLog table. Do you know other tables where I can find information about package execution ?

regards,

Romuald