Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ERP customer hierarchy through MDG

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Can we create hierarchy for ERP customer (Not BP) in MDG 7.0?. We are using ERP Customer UI. The standard CR Type to create hierarchy is for BP and not for ERP customer. I tried using the same business activity for ERP customer but it won't work.

If I have to create hierarchy for customer (like hierarchy in ECC - VDH1N)  in MDG is there any way out?

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

We do not have any standard delivered customer hierarchy in MDGC for ERP Customer. For our client we have implemented a custom Entity and added a new UI screen in Sales tab. Let me know if you need more details, i can share it.

Regards

Senthil Kumar.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details. Can you please share more details on this? Would be really helpful.

Kiran

Former Member

Hello Kiran,

First of all, you need to create a Custom Entity and attributes with in the entity with respect to the KNVH table. Make sure you tag this custom entity with correct relation ship to the BP Sales entity. Once you have created and activated this custom entity, you have to generate the GENIL layer using the GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER transaction.

After you do the above, you have to modify you UI screen and add the new fields into the UI screen. We have enhanced this in Sales area tab, but you can do it wherever you require.

Using the Extend mapping, map the stating and active area structures with its fields

After all this, you need to write the code in the ECC Handler class. This class will fetch and post the data from/to database tables. We have used standard BAPI to post the data into database table and select query to fetch the data.

incase you require this to be carried over to your ERP system, you have handle change pointers to trigger the idoc.

For more information Please check the below SAP Help document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f00d654a-89e4-2f10-4bb7-fda662d69...

Regards

Senthil Kumar.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the useful info...

Kiran    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Did you achieve the above?

From which custom data model did you start from? Something similar to KNVH as described by Senthil?

Thank you,

Javier

former_member755595
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello senthil,

iam not much familiar with this topic. can you plz explain below BAPI logic in detail

After all this, you need to write the code in the ECC Handler class. This class will fetch and post the data from/to database tables. We have used standard BAPI to post the data into database table and select query to fetch the data.

incase you require this to be carried over to your ERP system, you have handle change pointers to trigger the idoc.

0 Kudos

Hi , kiran.bapat

Could U please let me know how to create hierarchies custom Data models in SAP MDG.

I have gone though the SAP Help document and but couldn't understand it.

If U has worked on this , please let me know.

Answers (0)