cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report for Visual Studio (.net 4.0) not working after .net 2.0 migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a visual studio 2005 (.NET 2.0) project with Crystal Report 11.5 NET 2005. In the VS 2005 project, I reference CrystalDecisions.CrystalReport.Engine.dll, CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, CrystalDecisions.Shared, and CrystalDecisions.Web. The Crystal Reports worked on the VS 2005 project.

I upgraded to VS 2012 and migrated the project to .NET 4.0. I removed the old references. I downloaded the SAP Crystal Reports for visual Studio .NET 4.0. I added the same dlls with the same name into my VS 2012 project. When I run the project and try to generate Crystal Reports, it does not work.

Any Idea why removing and reading the dlls did not work?

How can I trace the error?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

Please define:

Reports, it does not work.

Errors? Behavior? Symptoms?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was debugging / stepping through the VB code. It throws an exceptions when it hits the following line

Me._oRpt.Load(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session(commons.SessionKeys.SESSION_CR_REPORT_FULL_FILE_NAME))

The exception message says "Load Report Fails"

Inner Exception:

_message    "Error in File rptCRFacQual 8384_8876_{CCA05D0B-FF43-4AA7-A74A-B9AC7D510639}.rpt: Access to report file denied. Another program may be using it."    

This VB project works on Visual Studio 2005 but  does not when I migrated to Visual Studio 2012 .NET 4.0. Do all the report needs to be rewritten in updated tools?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out. I need to give file / folder permission for c:\windows\temp

Answers (0)