cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing EWM IBD Batch prior to Goods Receipt

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using an AFS ECC environment where all materials are gridded (each size of a garment material is a unique batch where the size is the characteristic). The materials are received in our distirubiton centers on a legacy warehouse management system.

Today, we have purchase orders (Subcontract and STOs) with the AFS Stock category. The IBD is created in ECC (with the batches coresponding to the plant, material, size, and AFS Stock Category)

The Goods Reciepts are sent from the legacy warehouse managment system via IDoc and the GR are posted against the IBD / corresponding batch in ECC.  We have an enhancement in ECC that immediately transfer posts the received batch (with the AFS Stock Category) to the batch without the AFS Stock Category.  The requirment is that all materials end up without the AFS stock category as a batch characteristic.

We are in the beginning stages of implementing EWM and our desire is to post the GR to the batch without the AFS stock category in EWM but to still post the GR against ECC against the inbound delivery, which contains the batch with the AFS Stock Category.

While we are looking at this challenge from multiple angles, does anyone have experience or suggestions about addressing this in the EWM emvironment while posting the GR in ECC agaist the inbound delivery?

It goes without saying that enhancements in previous implementations will cause challenges when integrating remaining operations / functions in later implementations!

Nevertheless, any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member38225
Participant
0 Kudos

Chris, definitely requires a custom solution, I think there are several issues you might run into with batches, in eWM for AFS batches are different then regular batches so what you can do in ECC might not translate in eWM easily. Having said that I think the biggest issue here is that if you distribute the IBD from ECC then the batch is going to be present and the expectation is that you will receive against it. It might be easier and cleaner to use a PPF that performs a cbatch change that way your IBD is closed correctly and also the inventory in eWM matches what is in ECC.

Later.....

0 Kudos

Thanks.  We actually ended up doing an enhancement that updated the AFS stock category on the Subc PO at the time of IBD creation in ECC to remove the category.  for STO's from a production plant, we removed the AFS SC from the STO and from the inventory at the time of production order GR.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Did you get the solution for this?

0 Kudos

Jobi,

I have not gotten any responses yet.  We are looking into a solution but I was hopping to find others that may already have addressed this.

Thanks, Chris

0 Kudos

We are developing a custom solution to this issue.