cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make field segment not available for manual entry by User

0 Kudos

Hi Freinds,

We want to restrict the user to manually enter segment on the document. I tried to control it by making the segment field supressed in the field status.

This worked for me when i am manually posting a document. However, when transactions are getting processed in the batch, now system is giving error

"Field COBL-SEGMENT does not exist in screen SAPLKACB"

Has anyone faced a similar issue?

I can change the field status but than i cannot control users from not entering the segment manually.

Thanks,

Ankur Goel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Try transaction screen variants if the user is using few t.codes. Please find below document help.

Regards,

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for responding.

Though I have never tried to control the field status through the screen variant, but it was interesting to know about it.

However, in my case i want to control it for several transaction codes, so might not initially go with it.

But again thanks for replying.

Thanks,

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

In my opinion, that will not be error message, rather only a warning message.  But still it is an irritating message because you need to keep on pressing enter to proceed with the next record in the batch input session.

Try with background mode process of the session and check if you are still getting that.  If the records are processed inspite of this warning message, then it should be OK.

Otherwise you need to take the help of your APAPer to change the internal table which is bit of coding, but I suggest you try above option and screen variant option.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for responding, yes my bad its a warning message but if you are processing in background it will not allow the batch step to proceed further, so behavior is kind of an error in background processing.

As of now I am trying to explore if there is a way to functionally control this rather than through ABAP. So, will continue with my research on the same .

Thanks,

Ankur