cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Parameter Prompts not getting drop down value for Non-Admin User

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem: When connected to a Windows 2008 server with an account which is Not in the Windows Administrators security group, and I run a Crystal Report either via the Full Version of Crystal Reports, or via the Runtime engine, the drop down values for the Parameter fields are not retrieved and displayed. If I connect to the Windows 2008 server via an account which is in the Windows Administrators security group, the drop down values for the Parameter fields are retrieved and displayed.

My Environment:

o Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Crystal Reports 2008 CR Developer (Full) SP4, Version 12.4.0.966

Crystal Reports Runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (32-bit), Version 13.0.4.705

We cannot give our end users Admin Priv's, so I need to know what would cause Crystal Reports to fail to retrieve the drop down values for the Parameter fields? Some kind of Windows Security Setting? Something with the install of Crystal Reports? Since I see the same behavior with both the Full version of Crystal Reports and the Runtime engine, I am leaning toward this being some kind of Windows Security Setting. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This post was made on July 2, 2015, and still not response. Does anyone have any information that would help?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toby

These are community forums only, not technical support. You should never expect and answer. For more information, see the blog

Now, to give this a bit of a wack.

Both of your versions of CR are out of date. Crystal Reports 2008 should be on SP 7. You can download the SP from here:

Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others

SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET, should be on SP 14 which can be downloaded from here:

(Make sure to use the install exe on your development computer)

Having pointed you at the SPs, I do not believe these will resolve the issue as it may be a permissions issue or other. One way to determine where permissions are actually lacking will be to use Process Monitor and look at the logs.

It may also be a database issue, but not knowing what database you are using, or how you are connecting to it, I am not able to say.

You mention that on Windows 2008 server this works with Admin privileges. Is this the case for the CR 2008 designer, or the VS app?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter