cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurement results from multiple systems/installations using LAW?

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

We have got a mail from SAP saying we need to measure all our SAP systems using LAW Tool according to our contrract plan and sent the results to SAP by this month. I tried to read specific documents related to this but i was not able to understand this. Has anyone tried this. Please do provide some suggestion on how to move forward with this.

Regards,

Adarsh B J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our company has bought 70 application user licenses and one developer license and we have three systems in our company ie..DEV, TEST and PRD systems.

If SAP Global license audit team requires report for all systems under your landscape,then you've to generate report for individual system.

As per standards SAP developer exists only at DEV system in your system & rest users are classified as TEST users,similarly for QTY .

In case of PROD system you need to classify users according to the licenses which you've as per user license contract .

should i run it only in PRD system and send the results to SAP.

Need to perform on individual as desired by SAP Global license Auditing.

Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

You need to understand the process as specified below, depending on your system.

Prerequisites for Using LAW - SAP Licenses - SAP Library

License Administration Workbench - SAP Library

That should cover all your queries.

Regards,

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions but i have one particular question.Our company has bought 70 application user licenses and one developer license and we have three systems in our company ie..DEV, TEST and PRD systems. Should i individually measure the liceneses in all the 3 systems or should i run it only in PRD system and send the results to SAP.

Regards,

Adarsh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

From SAP you might have received an email for license measurement in that referred SAP SID, those systems you have to perform the measurement.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adarsh,

Application user licenses are measured in PRD systems, as the end product developed(DEVELOPMENT system),tested(Quality system) is moved to PRD and End users will login in PRD to work on them(or use them).

SAP will verify whether you have created 70 Application users or more than that through Measurement report.

For Developer User information.

SAP will ask you to provide system measurement report from DEV system.

Because any development or change to SAP objects are performed mostly in DEV system.

If multiple user ids used for changing SAP objects through developer keys(already registered as developers in SAP market place---Service.sap.com/sscr) in that case those users who are involved in changing the objects with developer keys will be treated are developers.

In your case you should be using single user for Changing the SAP objects.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adarsh,

For user measurement, you need to perform using tcode USMM.

istead of checking each and every user.

in USMM you can execute usr classification,which will give you all the user id and there license type

Once you execute you will get result

Cross whether users are classified according license contract.

If the user are not classified,assign license type in every user id then run user classification.

once all users are classified run system measurement in USMM.

If system has SAP_OSS maintained correctly then you can send this report from the option

"Sent to SAP" in USMM itself.

Regards

Anand

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

Kindly follow the process steps:

1. Delete the unused user id's in your development & production systems.(Before deleting the user id take the concurrence from user security or user dept)

2. Define the all the user id license type as per the  SAP contract.

3. After completion of point number 1 & 2 measure the System  as mention in the SAP help portal link .

System Measurement - SAP Licenses - SAP Library

Regards

SS

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you followed USMM guide to generate a successful system audit report ? Also be specific for the issue which you're facing while generation of reports.

Regards,