Did you mean: 

Automatic cache refresh in 7.31

sateesh_adma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using PI 7.31

Scenario is Proxy to SFTP

So in my receiver we have configured Production Server details for penny testing.All worked well.

But later when we changed the production server details to test server details , connection still worked with production server only. Even though we changed channel details and activated the object, the files went to production . We are using ICO's.

Ideally when we change and activate objects Cache should be refreshed automatically right  ? In our case it did not happened.

So what we did is again created new channel and configured it with test system details and it worked. But Why it didn't worked earlier.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Yes, ideally it should happen automatically, but there are instances which might not happen immediately. SAP has provided multiple options to check the Cache and update them manually in cases the CACHE update is not as expected.

You can go thru' this link to see variable ways to handle them:

Hope this helps.

--

Sendhil

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

But later when we changed the production server details to test server details , connection still worked with production server only. Even though we changed channel details and activated the object, the files went to production . We are using ICO's.

Ideally when we change and activate objects Cache should be refreshed automatically right  ? In our case it did not happened.

Yes, you might have to go to Environment -> Cache Status Overview to see if your changes really reflected. Usually, objects that are not updated are either colored gray or has a red status on the status overview.

Regards,

Mark

sateesh_adma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Yes i checked that

Is this known SAP issue in SFTP adapter ?

Thanks,

Sateesh

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

It seems cache issue is there for SFTP adapter channels, when ever we change some parameters in the channel, due to cache issue in sftp adapter, the messages still goes to old settings.

SAP has provided the code correction in latest SP's for SFTP adapter.

Can you please check Snotes for this issue.

Mean while, if I get the information, I will share you.

Regards

Vishnu

sateesh_adma
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu, Did you find any Snote on this

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

I could not find Snote on this.

But in my project, we  had cache issues for SFTP adapter version 1.0 SP01, where when we do changes to channel parameters say suppose server change etc, some messages would go to new server & some to old server.

So, we have updated the SFTP adapter SP to latest SP, then we could not face any cache issues till now.

First make sure, that you have also facing this type of cache issues before proceeding further.

As our colleagues saying, check cache status from Environment button in ID.

I will check and let you know the Snote/document on this.

Regards

Vishnu

sateesh_adma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

Again we have tested making some other dummy change , this time cache was refreshed automatically and message got failed.

We are also using SFTP Adapter 1.0 , not sure of SP, where to check this ?

Thanks,

Sateesh

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

I assume you want to know on how to check the SP of SFTP adapter. Please find below the path for the same:

From PI java stack main page, open NWA-->Configuration-->under this, go to tab Infrastructure.

Under Infrastructure, select System Information.

In the opened page, goto Component info, in the Name column, type B2BSFTP and enter, then you will get the outcome as below

In the version column output, you could see something like this: xxxx.1.0.y.zzzzzz etc

Here 1.0 signifies adapter version, & y signifies its SP level.

Else, you can check in your ESR, go to SWC SFTP Adapter, click on its SWCV, then go to Details tab, there you could see the SP level under Available Support Package.

Regards

Vishnu

sateesh_adma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

The OSS note for this is : 1692819

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3488558

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Sateesh

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Thanks sateesh, you have saved my time..

Regards

Vishnu