cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggers on $TA tables (Text Analysis Tables)

DeepakVarandani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we create triggers on Text Analysis Tables i.e. $TA tables (index tables) ??

Also, I have created an Information View (Projection Type on $TA table) and tried to use it in trigger with "INSTEAD OF" option.

But, it is not allowing to create trigger and giving below error :-

Trigger :-

CREATE TRIGGER TEST_TA

INSTEAD OF INSERT ON "TA_TEST"

FOR EACH ROW

BEGIN

INSERT INTO SAMPLE VALUES(5);

END;

Error :-

Could not execute 'CREATE TRIGGER TEST_TA INSTEAD OF INSERT ON "TA_TEST" FOR EACH ROW BEGIN INSERT INTO SAMPLE ...'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [257]: sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "INSTEAD": line 2 col 1 (at pos 26)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Up to SPS 9 INSTEAD OF triggers are not supported.

So no wonder you receive an error message.

With SPS 10 this changed, so you may try this on the current version of SAP HANA.

- Lars

DeepakVarandani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your response !!!  

I am using SPS 9 version currently. Any idea whether we can use triggers on Text Analysis tables ($TA table) ??

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't tried that, but since the $TA tables are system generated/managed I would say: no fiddling with those.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars.

But we have a need of trigger on $TA tables where we wanted to carry out some processing on a real time basis whenever there is negative sentiment. Trigger on $ table seems to be an only option but it did not work. (Trigger on $TA not allowed).

Other option we explored was to have trigger created on the base table on which "FULL TEXT INDEX" is created and then look for the $TA values for negative sentiment provided $TA is populated before my custom trigger (after insert) on base table is executed. This also did not work because we don't know if $TA is populated first then "after insert" trigger  is executed.

Do you have any suggestions on how to address this need in HANA?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so you want to have sort of real time reaction to a negative sentiment that is found by analyzing the full text.

Triggers are not the way to do that here, as they are triggered whenever there is a single record change (besides not being supported on system managed tables).

Alternatively you might go for a regularly scheduled job that checks for those negative sentiment ratings or you look into smart data streaming where you can monitor incoming data as it comes in.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.