cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase / decrease in material stock while downgrading

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please help me in finding a best solution for the below two scenarios?

1. Material A has been received initially with 100 MT, which has suffered from a damage of 2 MT. Due to the damage the 2 MT will be downgraded from material A to material B. But after completing the downgrade process the quantity of material B should be 1.5 MT (decrease in quantity).
  2. Material A has been received initially with 100 MT, which has suffered from a damage of 2 MT. Due to the damage the 2 MT will be downgraded from material A to material B. But after completing the downgrade process the quantity of material B should be 2.5 MT (increase in quantity).

I'm aware that we can use material to material transfer (mvt type 309) process to downgrade a material, but here the quantity will not be varying, meaning, if i transfer 2 MT from material A to material B, material B will be receiving the same quantity i.e. 2 MT. But how can we capture increase / decrease of quantity while downgrading?

Kindly help me to implement a best solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

narayana_n3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavithra,

As Bijay mentioned, you can follow below the process to achieve your requirement.

1. Material A has been received initially with 100 MT, which has suffered from a damage of 2 MT. Due to the damage the 2 MT will be downgraded from material A to material B.

- You can achieve this requirement by performing material to material transfer (mvt type 309).

2. But after completing the downgrade process the quantity of material B should be 1.5 MT (decrease in quantity) / 2.5 MT (increase in quantity).

- As per the standard SAP functionality, no quantity variation takes place while transferring materials (be it normal stock transfer / material conversion). Thus, we can capture the gain or loss of material stock only after the successful completion of transfer. Meaning, once you complete the downgrading process you can capture the stock variance.

To capture the variance you are required follow physical inventory process. The process will provide you the flexibility to capture both gain or loss of your received material stock.

Hope this solution would suits your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Narayana N

0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

Thank you so much for responding with relevant solution which I was looking for. My SCN friends and few of my buddies have given some solutions, and this was one of them. I feel it is a good solution for my situation, so following the same.

I would like to thank everybody who have helped me to get a right solution for my situation .

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material A received 100 MT and damaged 2 MT - handle with Physical inventory process or Scrapping process.

Conversion of Material A to Material B- handle with production order process.

Biju K

0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Thank you so much for the relevant solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP can't change any quantity itself. Even it is a damaged material, quantity should not be changed during material transfer ?

It may be possible from a business points of view (weight can increase or decrease due to moisture), but SAP will never accept that.

You need to perform 201 or 202 movement type (or similar, as per your requirement) after transfer posting.

0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

Thanks for the swift response. Sorry I didn't understand. Could you please explain how 201 / 202 can meet my requirement?

Appreciated for the kind assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you know the movements?

201 is remove quantity, 202 a reversal movement that adds quantity.

there is no link between those 2 movements, there is no reference for these movements.

So you can issue with 201 from A as much as you want, and add with 202 to B as much as you want. A value difference remains at the cost center.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen / Dibyendu,

Thank you for the response. Sorry I'm unable to relate my process with the given solution. The 201 is for GI for cost center! how it is going to solve my situation!  Kindly enlighten me.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

because it is the only way to have different quantities for decrease and increase of quantity which is not possible with 309. And if you allow external value for the movement 202, then you can even enter the same value that was issued before with the 201 movement and you would not get any value difference that remains at the cost center.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest just test the scenario in your development client. Do your scenario and then do as we suggest. Then check your result.