cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant creation OX10 & EC02 difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have created 2 plants. First plant Z001 using via OX10; Second plant Z002 using Via EC02.

For creating these two plant i checked lot of related configuration updated automatically via EC02 (Z002) Plant creation.

Following are the examples for your reference.

EXAMPLE: Plant creation via EC02 ( Plant code: Z002)

1) Material type     - ROH (QTY & Value indicator) updated automatically.

2) Plant parameter - Carry Out Overall Maintenance of Plant Parameters maintained

Similarly i need to  know what are the configuration updated automatically during plant creation

Can you please provide your suggestion

Thanks

Elan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In EC02, goto extras - associated tables. From here you can get list of associated tables.

Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vivek,

I have looked in EC02, in this I observe 307 tables belongs to this Org objects?

That means did I need to configure manually for the listed tables?

Let me know your input please.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it does not automatically mean that. You probably do not use each and everything in SAP, hence you do not need customizing in each of those affected tables. Follow the advice given by Nick and compare the entries in a transport where the customizing was done  with EC02  with a transport where the customizing was done with OX10.

And the KBA already explains which customizing is missing if you use the wrong transaction for creation, so you do not even need to look into transports.

You should create a customizing document inhouse which lists all steps to be taken to create a plant and after creation of plant. There might be more beyond the obvious EC02 transaction. You may have Z-customizing tables that need as well new entries in case of new plants, other teams might also need to complete some customizing to be able to sell from this new plant.

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

No, not necessarily. You will yourself  have to verify which tables needs to be updated. As very well replied by Jurgen that you may not be necessarily using each component. There are tables related to VMS, GTS, NFe and more(as in my system). You might not be using these components and hence no table update required. He has explained as to what can an be done. Compare both the transports and see what are you missing.

Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In a simple way how we can identify wheateher Plant created in EC02 (or) OX10.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

customizing changes are differently recorded than transaction changes, you do not see the transaction code in the change log for customizing changes.

EC02 has an application log if it is set active in the settings menu of EC02, eventually you can get some info from there, or at least assume that it was EC02 when you find this application log, because OX10 does not have one.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EC02 - This will copy plant assignment and all other entries in all customizing tables such material qty and value update, storage locations etc  from reference plant to copied plant. You need not do any additional customizing

OX10- this will only create entry in T001W table and additional assignments you have to manually.

Recommend option is to use EC02 to create new plant always.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at the contents of the transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nick

Can you please explain  clearly, Where i need to check exactly ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you did the copy (I'm assuming you copied) there should have been a transport generated that contains the settings made, if the Client isn't a sandbox.  Use transaction SE10 for your User id (will default) to view.