cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'anonymous'.

former_member224107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

after the installation of SAP BPC MS 10.1 SP1 , patch level 1 and having added users from the domain to BPC, these users cannot seem to logon to BPC.

When navigating to the BPC website, the website simply does not open. When trying to log on with the EPM add-in, they get the message "400 : Bad Request". In the EPM log it says : "The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'anonymous'.".

However, some users are able to log in. The local IT department states that there are no differences between the users. Restarting the server does not help. Any clues ? thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Concerning this error, I would recommend the following :

-Verify the .Net versions installed on the machines as per the MS 10.1 install guide

-The problem can be caused by the ironport firewall. Once this was disabled, all
users should be able to connect to BPC Servers without receiving an HTTP 400
- Take a look at SAP Note : 2105096 - EPM Add-In - Error in Log: The HTTP request is
unauthorized

Best Regards,

Dorra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a similar issue reported by another customer. We can't determine what is causing it and in that particular case is also intermittent.

Please open an incident with SAP support so we can investigate.

Thanks

Stefan

former_member224107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

the incident has been logged for a long time now but the solution is not there yet.

Did you find a solution with your customer ?

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any solution to this? I am having a similar issue on my client.

former_member224107
Participant
0 Kudos

The error was related to IIS. Some of those users were part of a lot of Active Directory Groups. To let IIS handle this, registery settings need to be changed.

Note

"1203906 - Error: "The page cannot be found. HTTP 400 " Bad Request" when logging on to InfoView using Active Directory authentication for some users "

describes this error, but this is not related to BPC. However the source of the error is the same.