cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa Talent Hub for HR & Executives. Cannot add item to selected item list in search menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I'm configuring Nakisa Talent Hub for HR & Executives 4.0 SP1.

When i'm trying to select the item in the search result list (positions, for instance) I got the message (see attached screen):

"This item could not be added to the selected items list."

There are no any errors in logs.

Please, help to find out what the problem is.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis.

Checking the box for a position listing result should add it to the selected items list (different of course to selecting the result and having it open the details panel).

By default there is a limit of 50 items permitted in that selection area so if you try to exceed that by adding a 51st entry you would receive that message.  If you clear the entries then you may be able to add it in without issue.

I'm not sure what data criteria might preclude a position from being included.  After all you may just want to produce a print.  So thinking beyond the limit of 50 items, try reviewing the information shown in the details panel for the position (or positions) you are trying to add vs. a selection of positions that can be added.  Any common differences?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen!

In my case I receive the message by adding a 1st entry. As was said I may be able to add it in without issue by default. Actually, I'm not sure that is very useful option, but I want it to work anyway.

My guess is that there is something wrong with my current build. And may be if I publish the initial build the issue would have gone. But where can I get the initial build if my initial build has been already changed?

What do you think about it?

Regards,

Denis.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis.

Reverting to an old build is only available if you have a backup.

I.e.

An earlier build in your build listing in AdminConsole;

An export of the build that you could import;

A server backup from which you could restore the file system.

If there is no backup available you could create a simple 'out of the box' build and test your theory with that.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen, I think, unfortunately backup is not available to test my theory.

But now I found that during RFC tracing (when I'm trying to select something) there is incorrect input value in PAGE_SIZE field and so HRTMC_SEARCH_OBJECTS returns no results. I think it is the issue.

Can you help me and tell me where can I set up the initial value in PAGE_SIZE field (if it is possible)?

Denis

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis.

I certainly couldn't say as to whether or not that is your issue, but here's how I might go about investigating your theory.

Identify a listing that's got the issue and from that deduce the listing configuration file it is using.  For example you may end up with MyReportsOrgUnitListing1.xml which uses data element SAPOrgUnitSearch.xml.  You can see the parameters it is passing in the file.

If you don't see the parameter then it may be that the configuration has it defined as a default.  From Data Center in AdminConsole you can access functionality to let you review the connection to an RFC (though some are restricted as per the details in the admin guide in terms of complexity, etc.) and in that you can see the defaults.  If it is a default you should be able to globally redefine or explicitly pass it in within the data element.

Amend, publish and re-test.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen!

I have found the xml file (in the listing configuration) where I can define PAGE_SIZE parameter.

The problem is that the parameter is only connected to search (and it actually allows to show 25 records per page) and not to selection. So I would like to know  where value "-1" comes from. In any anothers xml files how I can see there's no value like this. And in data center in AdminConsole I have the same.

What do you think, how could I resolve it?

By the way if during selection I set up value by debugging for example "20" (instead "-1") then selection works fine. So I think it's the issue.

Denis.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis.

I'm not sure where to look next for this.  The behaviour certainly isn't like this in 4.3 (I just double checked in a Nakisa hosted system), so I'm wondering if this is indeed a bug if it was fixed in a release or if this is something introduced by some local configuration.

The last TalentHub for HR & Executives 4.0 SP1 build I can see from Nakisa was TalentHubHRExec0910063600SCA.sca, so if you are using an older version than that, it is quite possible this is an issue that was resolved.  Raising an OSS/applying an update would clear that up.

However I would still suggest first confirming that this is indeed a product issue.  You can do this by creating a simple but functional new build (an "out of the box" build) that just connects to SAP and then try the selection in that to see if the issue persists.  If it does not then you have a configuration issue.  In which case, export your build and pick through the contents to see if anything looks like it could be the cause.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis.

Did you confirm this was a product issue?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen.

Yes, it was product issue.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis.

Do you know which product build fixed the issue or at least the version SAP/Nakisa provided for you to upgrade to?

Including this in the thread may help anyone else who encounters this (or a similar) issue.  i.e. if they are below that particular version they should update to that one or later.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

I don't know which product build fixed the issue.

My build is

NameTalentHub for HR & Executives
Version4.0
Build0910023600

Answers (0)