cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBTA composite test script - can it be run from a certain point ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if it's possible to rerun a composite CBTA script (that comprises of several single tcode-script) from a certain point, for example if the composite script fails at some single script, that script has been later fixed, and now I want to run the composite script only from that corrected single script onwards, i.e. scipping the steps that ran successfully before ?

Thank you

Elena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena.

From my experience this feature is not possible. Maybe you can disable correct CBTA components and run the script in debug mode. Be sure to do all disabled activities manually before you run script. I do the same, when I modify some scripts.

Hope it helps.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a test configuration and assigned a test data container to it. Then I made a composite script with the test configuration that contains the TDC. How come the composite script does not with the data in the TDC? How can I make it run with the TDC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Have you used Test Data Assignment Wizard? It can be called directly from test configuration´s web interface or from SECATT.

Let me know if it works.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used Test Data Assignment Wizard, but when I want to assign variants, there is none to assign with the test data container I choose. This works on an individual test configuration, but not with a composite test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

I assume that you have followed following process for Composite script-

1. You have created TDC with multiple variants.

2. You have added TDC in "Test Data" tab of composite test configuration.

3. Then you followed all the steps in "Test Data Assignment Wizard" for that composite test configuration. During this steps, parameter mapping is done. Also you will select variants and do the rest processing.

4.If step3 is successful, you can see Variants listed in Test Data tab.

I hope this works.

I know you might be aware buts still would like to mention that Variants available in individual CBTA scripts will not be visible at composite test configuration level.

At composite test configuration level you need to follow above mentioned steps.

Regards,

Sachin Sawant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it working. Thank you for your assistance.

Answers (0)