cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How end user (customer outside corporate network) access Fiori Apps on Mobile ?

prakashsaurav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please read the scenario in detail :

Customer X is doing business with Vendor A, Vendor B, Vendor C

Vendor A, B, C has Fiori apps for tracking order.

I understand that for access from desktop;

Vendor A will create specific user and roles, configure Launchpad and give the Launchpad URL to Customer X.

Vendor B will create specific user and roles, configure Launchpad and give the Launchpad URL to Customer X.

Vendor C will create specific user and roles, configure Launchpad and give the Launchpad URL to Customer X.

Now Customer X can bookmark different URL's in browser and can access all the link when needed.

But when it comes to SAP Fiori Client for Mobile access I am confused.

How can customer bookmark all links on mobile???

As Fiori client allows only one Launchpad URL at a time???

Please help me here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

if different roles are provided, why separate URLs ?

It can be managed via roles.

Customer x logins with CustomerX login for vendor A. He sees a role assigned to him by vendor a, b and c.

Why can't you add all the roles to same login. Why customer has to login to 3 different URLs ? Can't there be a same URL, where he logins with 3 different user ids for accessing 3 vendors. ?

Regards,
Tejas

prakashsaurav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

I believe you got me wrong.

How a Customer X will access different Launchpad of different vendor A,B,C.

All vendor has there own Portal, Hub & Backend.

A,B,C are supplier. X is manufacturer. Different organizations all together.

I believe each organization can deliver own customized fiori client to user.  ( It's just an thought )

Otherwise you see Fiori client allows only one launchpad link.

Regards,

Prakash

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

X will login from one device only ? if they use 3 devices - 3 different Fiori URL configured in 3 client? It can be used right.

Not sure if X is a person or a group.

Else, go with custom fiori client.

Regards,
Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

SAP FIORI Client can be download according to the OS/device from the respective playstore.

Your Launchpad URL will be configured in the FIORI client which will in turn direct you to the same launchpad you see in the desktop.

And to access your application outside the intranet(i.e in internet/out of office). Have either SAP web dispatcher or any reverse proxy which will allow you to access the application securely from internet.

Regards,

Sabarinathan C

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Please share a real business use case. We get confused with your scenarios.

In case of B2C scenario:

Vendor A (Amazon)

Vendor B (Apple)

Customer X ( a consumer)

Vendor A and B provide own URL that Customer X can search order status.

I believe launchpad is not mandatory. Just jump to some CRM app UI which shows order status.

Vendor A and B create a hybrid mobile app and Customer X can download it. It can be a customized Fiori client but it is not SAP Fiori Client delivered by SAP. Customer X won't type the URL in the Fiori Client. It should be hard coded inside of the Fiori Client.

In case of  B2B scenario,

Supplier A (Bosch)

Supplier B (Bridgestone)

Manufacturer X (BMW)

Manufacturer has a purchasing system and supplier A and B send order confirmation and delivery schedule via XML or EDI. Manufacturer can see the status in the Purchasing system.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

prakashsaurav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Noted will give real scenario from next time. What is obvious to me wont be to others

Masayuki Sekihara But I don't see that you got confused.

Only thing to add here is that in case if Manufacturer BMW don't have SAP system then still it can use customized Fiori client from Supplier similar to B2C scenario.

@others: Sorry for chaos and confusion.

My confusion was all because I did not know that SAP Fiori Client can be customized and delivered to user/customer for download.

Again Sorry and thanks for sparing time to think and comment over it.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

You can also build a hybrid mobile app uring HAT(Hybrid App Toolkit).

Please look at .

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Fiori Client which is downloaded from PlayStore / App Store comes with predefined package name of the application(Fiori Client) and package should be unique for apps in the device . So only one fiori client can be downloaded and used in a device.

Other Alternative that can be a work around is to develop Custom Fiori Client using SMP 3.0 Kapsel plugin ( )and use different package names for different vendors. Building Custom Fiori Client is a recommended approach to use the unique capabilities of SMP 3.0 and customize the app as per the requirements of usability and branding.

Regards

Virinchy

prakashsaurav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is this link http://discover.sap.com/mobile-secure answer to this question ?

Or there are better answers. 😞