cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission rules in GRC 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

In the version 5.3 we had four different types of rules viz.

1. Action rules

2. Permission rules

3. Critical Action rules

4. Critical Permission rules.

In the GRC 10.x version I understand that Action and Critical Action rules are stored in table GRACACTRULE but I'm not able to find any information pertaining to Permission and Critical Permission rules. Do we have these rules in GRC 10.x version at all. May be I'm missing something very basic but I'd be grateful if someone can throw some light on this.

Thanks, Janantik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janantik,

All four types of rules still exist in GRC and you can define them in the same way as you used to do it in earlier versions by defining below risk types

1. SOD Risks

2. Critical Action Risks

3. Critical Permission Risks

Only thing i have observed is SAP removed Permission Rules table as that table holds huge data based on different permutations and combinations and hence it is being calculated at runtime, but still risk analysis will work in the same way for Action Level, Permission Level, Critical action and Critical Permission rules.

If you want to see Permission rules you can use Access Rule Detail Report under Reports and Analytics tab

Let us know if you still have any queries.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for your response.

I'm wondering that these permutation and combination as you have described which leads to rule ID must be stored somewhere. Although it's huge data it's got to be stored in some table. I tried looking up but like you have mentioned I could not find any table.

We are doing a migration from 5.3 to 10.1 and as part of Rule set validation we wanted to run a quick vlookup query to ensure all the rules have been generated appropriately. But I could not find any table in 10.1 that stores the permission rules and wanted to seek expert's advise.

Thanks, Janantik.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janantik,

Use Access Rule Detail Report under Reports & Analytics for verification.

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (0)