cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify a database file relative to the computer running the server automatically

former_member235282
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am looking for a solution to solve a number of incidents that I have had the last weeks with anywhere data base for Data Services 4.2.

The root cause is that when restart the server or  close the windows session (sign out/disconnect) with the administrator user with which I connect the databases in the sybase central, the databases closes automatically leaving the consultant out of service.

On repeated occasions I have had this issue, and last time someone tried to connect the databases again and it was connected the wrong ones (this was a big problem because some information got lost)

In order to eliminate that process manually, I am looking for any alternative to make that the databases start automatically once Windows starts and not depend on the administrator session  is connected.

For better understand, I have four consultants working in the system, each one has its own profile to Access to the machine through remote desktop. Before they start to work I have to enter to the system with my administrator account and connect the databases in the Sybase central. I connect the four databases and the consultants are able to work. If, at any stage, I need to restart the server, or  if I disconnect the administrator session, the databases  are disconnected leaving the system out of service. Until someone can repeat the process outlined  the system and the service  can start again. This is very manual, I need to look for a way to set this automatically, either by Windows services or any script that helps me to do this process automatically.

My questions are:

Is there any  automatic process  that help me to handle this issue?

Is it missing any configuration?

Windows 2012R2

Data Services 4.2

Regards,
DanielO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

What is the exact version of Sybase which you are using

This has nothing to do with the DS configuration.You can configure the Sybase database instance to start automatically. You can change the settings under Start>Services.msc  Please refer the below link

SyBooks Online

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member235282
Participant
0 Kudos

Arun,

The version is SQL Anywhere 12 - 12.0.1.4134

Regards,

DanielO

former_member198401
Active Contributor