Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time out Exception in FM CLFC_BATCH_ALLOCATION_TO_CLASS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got the dump time out in FM CLFC_BATCH_ALLOCATION_TO_CLASS

when I have analysed the dump, its been triggered multiple times from interface inside loop

and in function below query is written

SELECT SINGLE *      FROM inob   

WHERE klart EQ  classtype

AND obtab EQ  lv_obtab_batches

AND objek LIKE lv_objek ESCAPE '&'.

which takes much time with respect to the volume of the data

It's used in standard component in MM, no enhancement is done

checking same in ST05 for the same, index range scan is displayed which is not an impact or issue but still its taking much time and sometimes it gives time out dump

PDN

Thanks & Regards

Kishan Rana

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though you are using index key 1 (but you have your fields in the wrong order), the LIKE part is your problem. Since i do not know the content of field lv_objek, i assume you filled it correctly.

If you search with an ESCAPE character you must obey some rules:

1. Use it ONLY in OPEN SQL (so not in NATIVE SQL).

2. Use it ONLY if the wildcard character, you need to use the ESCAPE for, has indeed special handling in ABAP, when being processed.

3. For the OPEN SQL wildcard characters % and _ you do NOT use the ESCAPE. They do NOT have special meaning.

Regards,

Robbie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

I encountered a similar problem recently and running DB20 helped me to solve this.

check this link(Performance - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki)

I agree that this thread is quite old but thought might help others(like me) in need.

If any other solution worked for you please post the same.

Cheers!

/Sam.