cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Openhub Destination to third party tool Informatica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I read through various documentation on Open hub Destination and understand that I can create a open hub destination with destination option as third party tool. But I believe this is just a basic step..As I read there are some APIs to read the data from BW and these APIs must be called from the third party tool and not from BW.

I have the following questions in that regard,

1) Is there any SAP connector or installation in addition to be done to integrate the third party tool with SAP BW?

2) Does this cost additional licences?

3) Is open Hub Destination free with SAP BW licenses?

4) How do we call those APIs from the third party tools example Informatica

5) Is the workflow that they refer in the third party tool to run process chain in BW is same as these APIs?

6) Normally what will be the overall effort if i need to extract the data from a DSO in BW (Say 20 fields in DSO) to informatica side?

I am new to this and appreciate any help from the experts.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Amal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mellinda_pereira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Open Hub Services or Destinations is used when the data from data from reporting targets (DSO, Infocube) will be stored in a File or a Data base table or a third party tool. so that this data can further be used to load or share to third part vendors

When you create a Open Hub you get a option as Destination : File, Database table or Third part tool.

In your case you need to define the third part tool RFC Details in the SAP system (this you can do with the help of Basis team ) and then you can select this option to load the data from SAP BW to third part

Else a work around to this is take the extract the data using file and then load it to your third part tool or you can place this file at FTP also where it will be picked you

Thanks,

Mell

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

this is the incorrect content area for these queries (questions 1,2 and 4). You need to post this on the dataservices blogs or similar.

From the BW side, the openhub functionality is all part of the BW functionality, you do not need seperate licences to set up an openhub dataflow in BW

BW process chains are also part of the overall package, and are just a way to trigger several events serially, or one after the other, I would recommend trying to set up the process chain in your BW system.

I believe that when you set up the openhub in BW, the BW system will provide the correct API once you choose to transfer data via API.

I would advise to test, test & test more, from the BW side. I cannot help with connector advice,

thanks,

Colm