cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openhub delta process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am looking for explanations about SAP BW 7.1 delta process when I use OpenHub destinations:

I extract data from a DSO to an OH destination by delta in order to treat data in a 3rd party tool (SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.2).

I receive rows marked by 0recordmode (X, null, etc.) and I found explanations about these values.

Actually, I am looking for cases which can occur : for example, I know that on an datasource, you can see your delta process in Extraction tab (ABR, AIE, etc.). Do you know where I can found which process is used in DTP which load my Openhub layer ?

Thanks in advance for your expert support

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I found what I was looking for : when I went to RSA2 transaction in BW and try to see my DSO which is the datasource of my Openhub Destination via a delta DTP (example 8OD_SD038), I saw in Extraction tab the delta type:

Then with following document, I saw which kind of rows this type of delta can send to my third party system :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5080c337-81e5-2c10-97af-8929424f3...

Thanks all for your support.

Fred

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Colm.

In fact, I know that in BW datasource:

ABR means After before and Reverse image so in your next target, you will receive rows flagged by 0RECORMODE values : X, NULL, R

You can have other types of delta like ADD: Additive image, so you will receive rows flagged by 0RECORDMODE values : A

I found these explanations there: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5080c337-81e5-2c10-97af-8929424f3...

I would like to know for my Openhub flow which kind of delta (and so which kind of rows) I will receive. Because I already saw that from an ECC data source which is in a AIE delta process for example, it seems that I have a different delta process in Openhub above when I have to treat delta in BODS.

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member223480
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic

As i know OpenHub is a simple flat table. It doesn't have any delta method. If you use a delta DTP upload then it will create different keys on the table to maintain the different versions on your records.

Just check the technical key help in Open hub "Destination" tab.

As i can see it is always an addition to what you have in your listcube screen (if it is a cube) or your change log table (if your source is a DSO).

Thank you

Yiannis

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

can you explain further on what you mean by ABR, AIE etc., are these DataServices DTP processing modes? Would the following link help to prephrase the question to a more specific area...

Processing Modes of Data Transfer Processes - Business Intelligence - SAP Library

Please advise further or hopefully this link helps.

Colm