cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications regarding ABAP Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am an abap consultant with 4 years of experience.I am planning to take up abap certification.But I have some doubts regarding the same .

Please help in clearing the same.

1.What is the pass percentage for SAP abap certification (in sap certification website it is mentioned that 80 questions and 60 cut-score .What is cutscore - %age or marks).

2. Some of my colleagues are suggesting to go for some modules like HANA which would be in demand in future and is being pushed by SAP.But i dont know how relevant is HANA certification for an abap consultant.

3.i was interested to appear for certification in Odata and Netweaver gateway as this is interesting and also being pushed ,but i could nt find any certifications related to this topic in certification website.Is there any certification related to this topic.

4.Lastly how much preparation effort and time is required to clear abap certification (if i go for it).

Kindly provide your guidance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

1) 60 is not marks, it is percentage, so you should correct at least 48 questions.

2) Unless you have relevant experience, you cannot appear SAP Certification in HANA, if you are in India.

3) You should have relevant experience / training from SAP or their Authorised Training Partners, if you are in India.

4) It depends on person to person. But, you should have at least a month a full time preparation is advised.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one more query .

While going through the sap certification site ,one of the prerequisite is we have to be with the current company for at least a year. Now I am planning to move to a different organisation .Does that mean I wont be able to apply for certification for the next year.?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

If you are in India, unfortunately, you cannot write. I believe your should have worked at least one year with the existing employer, who is SAP partner.

Meanwhile, you are advised to contact SAP Education, India to get the existing evaluation criteria.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

1. When you say you have 4 years of experience in ABAP, I personally feel its not necessary to take up Associate certification at this point.

2. And HANA is more relevant to BW/BO consultants rather than ABAPer. But still if you have knowledge and interest to move forward with HANA. You are appreciated to take HANA certificate. But make sure you have atleast one year of experience in the same.

3. As of now, we dont have any certificates explicitly for Odata/FIORI/UI5. Hope we might get it in future down the line of an year. May be, you can work around to take up when the certification is launched.

4. When you are located in india/or wanted to take certification in india, its mandatory to have atleast 1 year experience with your current employer.

Hope all your queries are answered.

regards,

Sabarinathan C

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for replies ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for replies ...