cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context attribute and manager not passed to WDR_CALL_SHLP_EXIT

john_kristensen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have created a webdynpro application with a set of generically created fields which share the same search help. The intention is that we use the same search help (and user exit) to display different sets of F4-values depending on which input field was in focus when pressing the F4-button. However there is no information available in the search help exit about what is the current input field.

During debugging I found out that the name of the input field is available in class/method CL_WDR_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER->START as the attribute name context_attribute. This attribute however is not passed to the search help exit.

Is there any way in which we would be able to determine the name of the current wda input field in the search help exit ?

NB.: The generically created fields are created both as select-option fields and as fields in an ALV-list. We have the same requirement on both the selection-screen as well as on the ALV list.

Thanks

Regards John Kristensen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

john_kristensen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Problem has now been solved by implementing an implicit enhancement in CL_WDR_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER=>HANDLE_VALUE_HELP where a unique identification of the input field is available as LABEL_TEXT. This is stored in a singleton class for later use in our search help exit.

Still I would like to avoid the use of an implicit enhancement so if anyone has another way of determining the input field please let me know.

Answers (0)