cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling DEBUG sources hangs dashboards in Design Studio 1.5 (local mode)

awalker6140
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

I have a suspicion that enabling the debug sources causes some sort of situation which keeps the dashboard from being able to execute locally.

Can anyone else confirm that this is the case? I'm running Design Studio 1.5 in local mode.

Steps to reproduce:

1.) I created a new empty application in Design Studio 1.5

2.) I dragged a checkbox component onto the canvas.

3.) I pressed Ctrl + F11 to Execute Locally.

4.) The dashboard loads in IE11.

5.) I press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S to bring up the SAPUI5 Diagnostics popup window.

6.) Expand the "Technical Information" accordion menu.

7.) Click the "Toggle" link next to "Debug Sources OFF" to turn debug sources on.

8.) An alert pops up that the page needs to be reloaded for changes to take effect.

9.) Click "OK" button.

10.) Press F5 to refresh the page, and the page just hangs.

No matter how many times I try to reload, or re-execute, it never seems to work after this point. This is a problem because I can't get the application to execute in order to disable debug sources. So now it seems I am stuck and unable to open the dashboard at all.

Edit (5:48 PM EDT 7/6/2015): I did figure out that clearing cookies/browsing history would allow me to execute the application locally with debug sources defaulting to OFF again.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew - thank you for sharing; I can confirm the same experience using Chrome. 

I don't know UI5 - so to possibly help you I did a search here on SCN - Let me google that for you - does this trigger any thoughts/suggestions?