cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HU non unique number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I plan to implement HUM in my warehouse and I have a question regarding numbering.

Some products are currently packaged on some specific boxes which are already identified by a unique number. When these boxes get empty after materials consumption, they go back in the process to be fulfilled by other materials until the material is goods issued. And so on...

How can I implement that kind of "recycle" HU in SAP?

I read that unflag "Set Unique Number Assignment for HU identification" has huge impacts, ie no possible to indicate a SL as HU-managed, no more link between HU and SU, and no possibility to use RF, which is totally not acceptable in my solution.

Do you have an idea of the solution in that case?

I can't imagine this kind of situation does not regularly happen in some industries which use reusable packaging.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This requirement is pretty often discussed, but from my point of view this is because people mixing the terms.

You understand the handling unit as a pallet number, no matter what is on this pallet.

But SAP's definition is "A handling unit is a physical unit consisting of packaging material (load carriers / packaging) and the goods they contain."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for that clarification.

By the way, how would manage that business requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My idea would be to use external HU numbering = boxes number and to empty HU before the consumption of the material which is then moved in the HU managed storage location.

But when I want to reuse this empty HU, I thought COWBHUWE was the right transaction. But error message: Handling Unit xxx is not provided for goods receipt.

How can I reuse this HU?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivia

If I am not wrong , you want to receive the material from production to warehouse , You want to reuse the HU number , if you will not synchronize the HU with SU , how can you track  the pallet .

And earlier you mentioned your storage location is not HU managed , but last question you are saying "move the stock to HU storage location "

If you want to pack the material in production you  can use COWBPACK .

But my view is pack the material manually in HU02 , issue to production & same  external HU number you can use latter , receive the finished material to standard storage location & once again pack the material & transfer to warehouse storage location with HUMO .

at the time of creation TO manage the same HU number as SU number manually , system will take that one as SU number , you can track easily . no need to manage HU storage location here .

or explain exactly what you are needing .

Regards

Dillesh

Answers (0)