cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the mouse cursor when hovering over a drill-down field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am showing Crystal Reports with Crystal Report Viewer in a .NET web application, and I am struggling to make it clear to the user where he or she can click on fields in the report to drill-down. The problem is that when one moves the mouse over the drill-down field, the cursor doesn’t change to something distinctive like a click-hand; it simple stays as the normal arrow-pointer.

Is there a way to change the behavior when mousing over a field that drills down? Either with settings on the viewer itself (preferable) or in the individual reports?

Interestingly, when I’ve Googled around, most people are having the opposite problem…the cursor changes to a magnifying glass even when drill-down is disabled.

I am on Windows 8, working with Internet Explorer. I am building in Visual Studio 2010 with Crystal Reports version 13.0.2000.0.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Try SP 14, Windows 8 was not supported until recently.

Also, 13.0.2000 never changes, need the SP number used

Compatibility mode may be an issue also.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response!

I re-downloaded SP14 from here: scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

I tried toggling compatibility mode in IE 11. I also tried different document modes from the IE11 F12 Developer Tools menu. I even tried using Chrome instead of IE.

Unfortunately, none of these attempts made a difference. The mouse-over cursor still doesn't change to anything useful when I scroll over a drill-down field.

0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I tried this on my Windows 7 image using IE 10 and I see a little hand when I mouse over the Group name.

So I tried the same thing on a new Windows 8.1 64 bit using IE 11 and I still see the same hand.

But now that I look closer at your description of the issue I do see what you are seeing but...

So with a report with groups when you mouse over the Group tree value I get the hand.

In the main body of the report though when I'm moving the mouse over static objects my mouse icon turns into a old fashion capital I, has a bar across the top and bottom. When I mouse over to a drillable object I get the standard mouse pointer.

I think this could be a bug but I'll have to ping DEV and ask them why drill down is not working in the main page, works for Groups and Hyperlinks....

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have described the exact behavior I'm seeing. The little hand appears in the group menu, but not on drill-down fields.

It must be recognizing drill-down fields because it uses the arrow pointer, instead of the hand. Unfortunately, the arrow-pointer does not make it clear to the user that there is more information if you click.

Let me know if you figure anything more out. Thank you for your help!!

Answers (0)