cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Communication With .NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible for .NET to query BO and find out when a BO report it has called via an OpenDoc call is finished rendering?  We have a .NET web app that has a tabbed UI.  We want to  load a report into a frame on tab 1.  Then when tab 1 report is finished rendering, load a report to tab 2.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

Sorry, but no, this is not possible with OpenDoc at all.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Is there a C# example for exporting a document/report that takes parameters to PDF format?

I have used the following example successfully to export a document to PDF in C#:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Using+RESTful+Web+Services+to+export+WEBI+document+to+PDF+...

However, that example doesn't send any parameters to the report.

Dan B., Toll brothers

Former Member
0 Kudos

As an addendum to my previous comment, I am not sure how to send parameters to a report in a request body (as C# code using RESTful commands) as either a GET to save report to PDF, or as a PUT to refresh a report. 

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see how to send parameters to OpenDoc in the documentation.  Go to http://help.sap.com/bobip, click on "Development Information" and get the OpenDocument documentation for the version of BO you're using.

The Crystal part of the RESTful Web Services only work with Crystal if the report is a Crystal for Enterprise report.  It does NOT work with "classic" Crystal Reports.  You can access the documentation at the link above, also under "Development Information".

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

We already do know how to send parameters with an OpenDoc call to BO for a Crystal Report or WEBI report.

I need documentation, or an better yet an example in .NET code of how to send parameters in the request body of a RESTful Web Services call, for example to refresh a report's data or to retrieve the report and export it to a PDF.  We already have exported a report with no parameters to PDF using a C Sharp example and RESTful Web Service calls.

Dan

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no way to get and set parameters using the BI Platform RESTful web service.  You have to use the Crystal Reports RESTful web service for this, which only works with Crystal for Enterprise reports.

You can find out more about the Crystal Reports RESTful web service at the help link I posted above.  You can also get more assistance with this SDK here: 

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ... Attached is a picture of a RESTful command to refresh a report.  It is sent with parameters in the Request Body, and returns a "success" code.  Don't know if you can see it, but apparently it is something you can do.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI this is a WEBI report  .... we have Crystal Reports Classic from what I am being told.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a Webi report you would use the Webi and Semantic Layer RESTful web service SDK to get and set the parameters.  Again, see the help files and the RESTful SDK space for more info.

Answers (0)