cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors installing CR_XI_R2_sp6 msi libraries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I 'm creating a piece of code in VB6 that loads a Crystal-Reports-XI-R2-SP4 .rpt files. To run these reports in clients, i use a Crystal installable .msi:

* Crystal Reports 11.msi - v11 (for Windows XP-32 bits)

* Crystal Reports 11R2_SP6.msi - v11.5 ( for windows W7, W8 , W8.1 ) -- 32 / 64bits.

The code works perfectly on XP machines by installing the corresponding package (v11), but when I install the R2 package (v11.5) in W8, W8.1 and i try to run a report, i get an error ( runtime error 339) indicating that crviewer.dll or one of its dependencies can´t be found. However the installation of MSI package does not fail and it seems that the libraries are properly registered.

I also installed C ++ libraries ( 2005,2008,2010,2012 ) because I read that some may be necessary. I get the rpt files, I do not create them. I create the code on a xp machine with v11 msi and VB6 installed.

On the computers of my colleagues (with W8.1-32 bits and v11.5 msi) reports work perfectly, but we do not know why. It must be the development tools they use and the components they have installed as VStudio2008.

I need to make these reports work and I need it as soon as posible.

I would appreciate any suggestions .

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

CR XI R2 (11.5) is not supported on WIN 8.x. See the wiki Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports 2013, Runtime Distribution and Supported Operating Sys... for details.

Now, seeing as this works on some computers, does not negate the above. However you could use a utility like Modules and compare the runtime on the computers that work and those that do not.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Answers (0)