cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMCAPFBI Transaction function

Former Member
0 Kudos

We initializaed our BW tables to the PSA.  After we completed it, we ran transaction
FMCAPFBI to establish the delta queue.
We initiailaized some of the larger forms with a full load with a form number
and type range and then an initialize with no data transfer.  When we ran this transaction the six FB types
that we initializaed with the full load caused a problem and we cancelled.   Since there is no date, it is pulling
all data, as a full load instead of a delta.  When the job started, all
dates were updated to 07/05/2015 11:21:59.  Since we had to cancel
the job, I am not sure what we actually received. Do you know how to change the
dates? And is there someway to limit it to a particular form bundle type when
running the transaction?  And finally, is
there a way to get around the problem with the 6 FB?  I looked for info on FMCAPFBI and could not
find any.  I am not a DBA or an
experienced SAP person.  I am just a report
developer who has been selected to do these tasks.   Thanks for all of your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

There is very little information out there on this because it is a very specific area of expertise, not related to BW at all really.

If you are asking how delta is identified, it is based on form bundle timestamp. You can refer to table DFMCA_RETURN, field AETSP.

The standard form bundle extractor extracts the current version of data only. You cannot load different versions, neither extractor structure nor generic FM FMCA_FPF_FORM_DATA_EXTRACT_BI are prepared for data version extraction, it is not supported, even extraction of form versions (DFMCA_FORM_VERS).

I would recommmend reading through all notes in the component area IS-PS-CA and XX-PROJ-FI-CA, this is the component area related to the Public Sector Contract Accounting extractor. I doubt you will get any information on this topic in this content area, maybe try on the Business Content and Extractors pages...

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/business-content-and-extractors/content

Hope this helps,

Colm