Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file datasource creation

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a datasource using the flatfile. I have taken the raw data from ECC. But while creating the data source. I keep on getting the below warning. I know the field is not compatible with the source file. I tried changing the internal to external format and the internal & external length with the same. but i am getting the conversion error. Please help me to understand this. Where i am going wrong what i have to do.

Regards,

SumanT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

check The source and target filed data type properties and check what kind of data type declared and what kind of data is comming. try to load single record.

It is easy to track the issue.

Regards,

satya.

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Suman,

You may also check the type of file you have(csv or fixed length) and see if you have correctly mentioned the file type it in the infopackage.

Benedict

former_member210321
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the field length in Data source. This will solve your problem of overflowing error.

Regards,

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

try to check both field name whether it is same or not(I mean size etc).

try reactivate the data source and try to load the file.

if not work. try to check search in SDN.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1659721

Regards,

satyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pl check the conversion setting in the DS in the extraction Tab, also the data format and separator.

colm_boyle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

what Raman said is true, before a program reads a variable it should know its type, for some reason the type is not defined for this value. Define it in some transfer code and you will be able to read it.

thanks,

Colm

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you share flat file and data source structure.

both need to be the same type of fields and same legths.

200016 - What this value?