cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantage Database Server 11.10.0.24 Service Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Advantage Database Server 11.10.0.24 Service Update has been released, including

• Support for latest version of Delphi - XE8
  • Support for Visual Studio 2013 with Entity Framework 6**
  • Advantage Web Platform now includes Apache HTTP Server 2.2.29 (upgraded from 2.2.22) with OpenSSL 0.9.8zf, which includes recently discovered security vulnerabilities.
  • ADS FIPS Module based on OpenSSL 0.9.8zg to cover security vulnerabilities.
  • Advantage .NET dataprovider installer now installs SSDLtoADS.tt file correctly for Visual Studio 2012.
  • Fixed the regression in handling autoinc field and value 0 (zero).

(**) In Visual Studio 2013, currently there is no support for generating database schema from entity model. This work is in progress.

The full release can be downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace (Software Downloads | SAP Support Portal)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The release is now available on devzone Product Download Page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome!

Thanks Parag!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone from SAP find out whether this service update will work on VS2015. It is being released in a week or so and I would like to use .NET framework 4.6 due to some speed enhancements.

If not, how long will I have to wait until it is supported. I waited a year and a half for VS2013 support.

I don't really care about VS2015 integration as such, more that will the driver work if I just add the reference in my project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike : We haven't tested this release with VS2015 and going by our past experience, it won't work out of the box. However, we are aware of customer interest in VS2015 and are working towards adding support to it.

How soon? I don't have an answer. It depends on how much VS2015 is different, and what kind of technical issues we have to deal with, but be assured, it is a priority for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Thanks for the information. Hopefully it won't be too long!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any news on how soon we can expect VS2015 support?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posting to devzone is in progress, but we are facing a small technical issue. I'll update this thread when it is ready.

Meanwhile, steps to download from AP Service Marketplace (Software Downloads | SAP Support Portal) are:

1. Choose  Installations & Upgrades
  2. Choose  A-Z Alphabetical List of my Products
  3. Select letter A
  4. From the list, scroll down and select SAP ADS
  5. Select link SYBASE ADS 11.1
  6. Select link Support Packages and Patches
  7. Select link #OS independent and chose the product from the list. 11.10.0.24 is at the bottom.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It doesn't work for me. It asks me to log in. I am already logged in to the support site, but it is asking me for a user name and password for the "SAP service marketplace".

If I use the same creditials, nothing happens.

nevermind I have contacted support and they are sorting the problem out.

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Like Mike, I'm logged into the SCN site but when we go to the link you give us ANOTHER HTML AUTH pop up wanting us to log in.

I talked with my sales guys yesterday and he said that site is for customers with support agreements.  I don't think any of us Advantage Partners have access to that site?

I THINK I speak for everyone when I say we have always gotten our downloads from the devzone.

Not saying we wouldn't be happy to change over to this site, but we (at least I) don't have access and its appears its for customers.

Hope this helps clarify a little.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I spoke to support and they said that my customer details were there but I did not have a log in for the marketplace site. The person I spoke to is going to set me up and give me the details in the morning.

It looks like ADS customers have not been set up (even though we are customers) so I would contact support.

HTH

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't seem to find the download.  Will it be put on this page too?

SAP Advantage Database Server (ADS) - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki

Also, will it support VS2015 which is going to be released next week?

Cheers

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

How soon will this be posted to the advantage devzone?

Thanks,

Chris