cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validity in output condition records

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In NACH, fields Valid From and Valid To (NACH-DATAB, DATBI) are available. How, where can be input these validity dates in output condition records for billing (VV31)?

I have searched the internet but did not get a positive or clear reply.

Thanks! TW

Message was edited by: Florian Henninger (Changed NAST to NACH)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is the field KSDAT in table T681 which controls if the condition table allows validity dates.

And I found a hint (in German) in program MV13BF0N

IF t681-ksdat = charx.

* Nachrichten sind nie zeitabhängig.

ELSE.

translated: Messages are never time-dependent

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

excellent!

But one question, NACH is dedicated for output (Detailed output data). Then why do we have Valid from Valid to fields? SAP could have not put these fields in this table, if in all cases there are no validity dates.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter, added question regarding NACH-DATAB, NACH-DATBI

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen L, Does that mean, if we could check the KSDAT field in table T681, output condition records will become time-depandant?

Thanks,

Juwin

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juwin,

good question, but where (transaction code) will you check T681-KSDAT? have you tested this?

TW

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was going to be my next Question. I checked the views and the where-used list of that field. I couldn't find it being used in any screens - hence, not modifiable through any screen. So, how to update this field?

Thanks,

Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It cannot be updated I think. When you create the condition table then only you can set this field which makes sense also. It is in the condition table level.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it does not mean that.

Data in a table needs programs for processing. It is not designed to have time dependent message conditions as you can already  see from the code snipped above. In best case SAP ignores such info in the corresponding programs as in the code snipped above, in worst case the programs will dump.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the original post, please correct a typing mistake, change the 2nd word from NAST to NACH.

Thanks!

TW

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He can't . Request to to do the same .

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Done.

CC

~Florian

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is predefined by SAP based on the usage of condition records e.g. usage A for prices gets valid from and to fields while the usage B for message conditions doesn't get those fields when generating the condition tables and the maintenance programs.

They are generated based on template programs such as  RV13A000 and RV13B000

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I too had the same thought, SAP has kept the fields in NACH the same, and some fields are "irrelevant" or unused for some usages (purposes/functionalities).

thanks!

tw

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have also checked NACH table and found both "Valid-From & To" fields are empty.  What I also observed is that as and when any document is created like Sale Order, Billing, an entry is updated in this table with the relevant document type and output type.  Will try to do more analysis on this

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Not sure if I agree with your observation about entry updated in NACH when a transaction data is created because this table holds the master data (output condition records). So for billing, suppose business has created 5 condition records for an output types in VV31. In this table, for this output type there will always remain 5 entries irrespective of the number of transaction documents created (billing documents). Maybe you are referring to NAST.

TW

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally, condition record for output type hasn't any validity period. I have checked in my system and I can't find any value for those both fields in NACH table.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please help

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter requested grand masters to suggest