cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding reccurences way of scheduling the job in Cronacle V7.0

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am scheduling a job at the scheduled time as given by the user , It runs every Saturday at some xxx time , On submission I select weekly option and keying the xxx time and select as end after recurrence as 5 , On submission it shows me 5 instance , when all 5 instances are completed it is not scheduling itself for the next 5 times which it should do so..

Also I have read the redwood manual about the same which explains it should be scheduled automatically for the next 5 times when the previous 5 instances are completed..

Anybody please put your highlights and insights on this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

It makes sense , thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Gerben!!

If I am clicking the online documentation it is guiding me how to use Submit Frame & Time window.

I think here instead of using recurrences we can specify a date range , what is your opinion?

I dont think submit frame or Timewindow is required for simple scheduling like where my XYZ job is schedule to run at xx time on Sunday , please correct me If I am wrong.

Waiting for your feedback..!!

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you just want to schedule on a Sunday set the first start time to next Sunday on the correct time, now specify submit frame RW_EVERY_WEEK, so indeed no time window required.

The recurrences have sometimes odd behavior in several corner cases. From experience submit frames have proven to be more reliable.

Regards Gerben

0 Kudos

Please refer the enclosed screenshot and let me know where can I see the presubmit count.

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I see, sorry this is a nice example of how your mind can trick you. Since the last service pack for version 7 is from 2011 I have not been working with it very often over the last couple of years.

But anyway, to answer your question. If you click through on the link in the middle of the screen 'See the online documentation for details' and look into the sections or Recurrences you will find your answer. By default, 100 future jobs (up to 2 years ahead max) will be scheduled if you choose one of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly or Dates. When using a Submit Frame in Advanced (which is highly recommended by the way), you will just get 1 scheduled job.

If you want to see less future jobs, you can change a Registry Key that can be found under: Configuration->Environment->Registry->Public->RWS->Repository->Parameters. Now check if a key called RecurJobCount exists and if it does not have a value you can put it there. You will probably have to restart all your schedulers for the change to become effective.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Blom

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The End After Recurrence does exactly as it says: after 5 occurences: stop submitting. If you always want to see the next 5 occurences, only put 5 in the presubmitted box.

Regards Gerben

0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for the clarification.

I am using SAP CPS Cronacle 7.0 version here and I cannot see presubmit box , can you please assist further.

Regards,

Ganesh

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

On any release there has been a presubmit count box on the Time and Dates tab in the submit wizard. This has always defaulted to 1.

If you cannot find it please provide a screenprint of the Time and Dates tab.

Regards Gerben