cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Architecture on HANA environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on setting up the BPC landscape - However, before getting into detail. I have a basic doubt before planning on it

Example : If I have a HANA ECC landscape is been running for me already in our landscape in which if we plan to go for a BPC NW version. Do we still need to maintain a separate BW landscape in addition to ECC landscape on HANA and have to install BPC add on in BW landscape or we can install the BPC add on in ECC system itself ( As HANA database supports OLTP and OLAP )

Please do share your opinions and your experience.

Regards

Vijay Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

For BPC you need BW, even you ECC on HANA.

BPC is an add-on on SAP NW BW.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinkant,

Thanks for your reply

I am aware BW is must but I will have BW on ECC systems too. If so is there any specific reasons do I need to go for a separate landscape (Because as its on HANA appliance performance will no longer be a problem)

In other databases we used to have different landscape as BW component will affect the performance and OLAP should not reside on the ECC database which is on OLTP.  But in the case of an HANA as its supports both OLTP / OLAP, do I still need to maintain separate landscape?

If so what are the specific reasons to go for a separate landscape and whats the SAP recommendations here as I could not see this point specifically in any of the SAP note.

Regards

VJ

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viajy,

Technically If you have good configuration you can have both system on same DB.

But as far as I know usually there is separate hardware / landscape.

Go through the below links may be helpful.

Shrikant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S.

May be helpful.

Shrikant