cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE8 Export report failed for crystal report viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

I am facing issue in Export (all available options)  for IE8 browser. When clicked on export in the crystal report viewer I am getting below error.

Same code and same user is able to download the Export files in IE9+ browsers. Also for the same user and same IE8 Export works for old Report writer application which uses CE10. Now we are upgrading CE10 to CE14 and facing issue below. Need help.

Regards

Sudeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which OS are you running IE 8 on?  Per the Product Availability Matrix (PAM), IE 8 is supported on Window 7 and Windows Server 2008, but not on anything newer than that.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell

Thank you for your response. We are using Windows server 2008  as our server and client machine is Windows 7.

Regards

Sudeep

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per the PAM, it should work, then.  Have you added the BO URL to the Trusted Sites in IE?  That sometimes makes a difference.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell

rw.adp.ca seen in the above screen shot is the server where .net code is deployed. Client/user does not have access to BO server urls. rw.adp.ca get the report from BO server and displays to the user.

We are able to view the report in IE8 and export is working fine in all other browsers other than IE8.

Please advise.

Regards

Sudeep

0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

I picked up your case - 590446.

Have you tried doing this on the WEB Server?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Yes, we are running the app under IIS 7.0.

I tried adding site to trusted sites still getting the same error.

REgards

Sudeep

0 Kudos

Issue appears to be due to the users are not allowed to install ActiveX PrintControl so need to find work around if possible.

Update, above is not true, error indicates this is a header issue in our viewer. Info from the following MS KBA's on this subject:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/815313

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/323308

and

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/323308

IE : Unable to download * from *. Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either un...

I'll discuss with dev and see what they say,,,

Don

0 Kudos

Sudeep confirmed they found a work around and the issue is only when using a HTTPS connection as noted by the MS KBA:

void context_EndRequest(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

// Print issue fix. Need to set the content-disposition as attachment to get open save cancel.

// defualt is inline from report viewer, since the pdf respones is not visible to user for saving

// Second issue: IE8 Export was  not working due to unwanted headers pragma: nocache. so we are clearing headers and adding what are required.

HttpContext context = ((HttpApplication)sender).Context;

if (context.Request.RawUrl.ToLower().Contains("viewreport.aspx") || context.Request.RawUrl.ToLower().Contains("viewadhocreport.aspx"))

{

if (((HttpApplication)sender).Response.ContentType.ToLower().IndexOf("application/") >=0 &&

((HttpApplication)sender).Response.ContentType.ToLower() != "application/x-javascript")

{

string contentType = ((HttpApplication)sender).Response.ContentType;

((HttpApplication)sender).Response.ClearHeaders();                   

((HttpApplication)sender).Response.AddHeader("Cache-Control", "private");

((HttpApplication)sender).Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", contentType);

((HttpApplication)sender).Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment");

}

}

}

Thank you Sudeep for confirming and finding a work around. I'll escalate to DEV and see if they want to fix this for you also.

Don

0 Kudos

DEV cannot duplicate this issue you are having. I've done more testing also and I don't get this problem either.

So it appears this is environmental or possibly due to your application settings.

At this point there is nothing we can do to fix it... since we can't duplicate the issue.

Don