cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSPC - Process chain enhancements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently using a Z program to monitor our critical process chains, handling notifications, logging, auto repeat and/or skip a few number of them in some cases after a number of errors.

But since the "last" enhancements from SAP ( Note 1915483 - Process chain enhancements ). Most of this features are covered in the standard functionality of RSPC. So makes sense to think about switching to the standard one. Mainly the use of auto repeat functionality is the 99% of the Z program we use.

I would like to know, if possible, if I could expect the gap there is still between our Z program and the standard will be covered soon by SAP, and worth to use it.

Also some feedback about this feature of auto repeat, how is working in prod and how do you make use of it, would be great.

I can imagine SAP is aware of how critical and time consuming is the process chain monitoring, but I do not know if I can expect better tools soon.

Sorry if it is a very open question, really it is more a disscusion. But really I do not know where I could find information about this, as there is almost nothing about these "new" features in SCN or SAP help.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's just wait for the new features of RSPC in HANA environment..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that seems to be the best option at this moment.

Any idea what is coming new in this area? Is there any place I could get that info? I am surprised with the very few updated information about such a critical tool in our companies.

Thanks for your help!

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check here:

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but unfortunately there is nothing there.

As you said, lets wait, what is coming...

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah, I think what we can do is just wait..

Regards,

Loed

0 Kudos

Hi Alexis ,

As you mentioned- Note: 1915483 will give you the latest information of what is new in process chain monitoring. If you are on 740 SP05 and above you can also launch a Web based (SAPUI5) page to monitor process chains by launching the tx rspcm_web.

W.r.t to the functionality of auto repeat the usage could be as follows:

Consider a process variant that would fail because of some lock issues etc and which would need a manual restart of the process chain or manual repeat of the process variant  for it to pass successfully. Such process variants can be set with this option of starting automatically after "N" seconds so that manual repeat would not be required.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

At that point, is exactly where we are, starting to make use of rspcm_web too. And this autorepeat functionality seems great, but we are not sure what else is coming with the next releases...

With this, the most important gap with our z dev, is almost closed, but seems it does not still worth to start using the standard one, if no more functionalies are added, beside the mentioned ones.

Thats is why I wanted to ask you guys, if something was coming next, or if may be we are missing someway to handle this... From my point of view some kind of Mobile App could also be an advantage, something that could have more options of monitoring, and handling the different cases in critical failures.

RSPCM is great, but may be not so much as it should be because of its importance.

Thanks a lot for your comments.